adding a folding stock and pistol grip help!

You are gonna feel gay if you don't convert.

There's a reason everyone does it.

But if you're lazy, you can find what you're looking for HERE.

Don't worry, when you realize you should have converted after buying the quick-fix, you can sell it in the WTS section.

Edited by Paulyski

do the real Conversion dont forget your 922r

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/

Please don't read that site and treat it like the Bible.

It was written over 11 years ago and is the opinion of one man with a machine shop. The laws it mentions are out of date, and new laws are currently in place that aren't mentioned at all. The techniques used are way above the heads of most folks, and are not required (and put some people off of a conversion, cuz it looks 'too difficult' or "I'm not buying all that stuff")

Guys, if you're gonna send folks to URLs, at least give them some modern options, such as the

Vimeo video or the plethora of YouTube videos on conversion.

Any problem using the Tromix or Ace Folder combos from Miss. Arms? They appear drop in with no mods. Keep in mind this project is really for my Dad who lives across the country from me. I'm trying to find the items for him as he isn't very handy so the conversion thing isn't very realistic.

Any problem using the Tromix or Ace Folder combos from Miss. Arms? They appear drop in with no mods. Keep in mind this project is really for my Dad who lives across the country from me. I'm trying to find the items for him as he isn't very handy so the conversion thing isn't very realistic.

Can you be a leeetle more specific?

Both Tromix and Ace stocks traditionally require cutting and grinding during installation.

Take it from me man. My first Saiga I knew nothing. All I saw was that cross-con instruction site. I said wow, drill press? blueprints? no thanks. I bought one of the bolt-on stocks. It sucked. About a month later I did a real conversion. It took like 3 hours in the garage, running back into the house to re-watch a piece of that Vimeo video here and there. The converted rifle was night and day from the garbage bolt on, and I felt dumb for ever trying to take the lazy way out.

do the real Conversion dont forget your 922r

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/

Please don't read that site and treat it like the Bible.

It was written over 11 years ago and is the opinion of one man with a machine shop. The laws it mentions are out of date, and new laws are currently in place that aren't mentioned at all. The techniques used are way above the heads of most folks, and are not required (and put some people off of a conversion, cuz it looks 'too difficult' or "I'm not buying all that stuff")

Guys, if you're gonna send folks to URLs, at least give them some modern options, such as the

Vimeo video or the plethora of YouTube videos on conversion.

mmmm didnt know that site was that old lol. I only used that site to see what needed to be done during the conversion, been along time since i had to do it but looks like im going to get my feet wet again and convert my saiga 12 i just got.

Anyways convert it, it only takes a few hours and you'll feel good at the end knowing you did it your self. :smoke: