Retaining plate...e clips...hitch pins...spring?

• 1 month later...

Amazing that no one has come up with a KNS type anit walk pin....

I just wouldn't see the point, but yes, your right, because it would sell and be lucrative even if it's not necessary. On a steel receiver, the pins spinning doesn't really matter, and with MOST of the retaining devices here, walking out is just not an issue.

For me, it's fo' damn sho' the plate. It's just the easiest to get into place, and really hard to lose. Yes, lose. Don't act like ya'll haven't ever lost those e-clips or hitch pins.

Edited by TackDriver

I like the krebs plate.

the original spring works well, as it was designed, but for those of us that don't take our recivers apart every day the plate is much easier.

also the krebs plates Ive installed hold some axial tension on the fcg pins.

I like the krebs plate.

the original spring works well, as it was designed, but for those of us that don't take our recivers apart every day the plate is much easier.

I fucked with a shepherds crook... Once.

Krebs Retaining Plate FTW.

Is there much difference in the Krebs and the Tapco plate? I had to trim some of the Tapco to get it into my .308, but after the filing was done, it holds tight and it feels like cheating when field stripping.

I used the Tapco plate on my 7.62x39 build, Tromix hook on my Saiga 12 because I couldn't get the Krebs plate to work with the BHO, and Krebs plate on my 410 build because I had it left over.

I haven't range tested the 410 build yet but after tapping around on the pins it seems ok.

The Tapco plate and Tromix hook both work so far after many rounds but I'll admit the hook was the hardest to instal. Than again it could be because I wasn't used to it. I will say I think the Tapco plate seems to lock in tighter than the Krebs one.

Edited by Milsurps 4 Me
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The plate is so easy, why bother with anything else? I have a few AKs that still have the spring wire, but that's just because I haven't bought plates for them yet.

The only limitation I see with the plate (at least the one from Power Custom) is that I cannot use it with an Arsenal FCG due to the tail on the disconnector. That tail prevents you from installing the safety when the trigger pin is fully in place. On the one rifle I have with the Arsenal FCG, I used the spring wire.

Dr Thunder... love the avatar!!!

The snow monster from the old downhill ski game from the original Windows!! :up:

I used to love that game... you could never go TOO far downhill... cause that guy ALWAYS got ya!!! The bastard!

:smoke:

• 4 weeks later...

I like the krebs plate.

I fucked with a shepherds crook... Once.

Krebs Retaining Plate FTW.

Is there much difference in the Krebs and the Tapco plate? I had to trim some of the Tapco to get it into my .308, but after the filing was done, it holds tight and it feels like cheating when field stripping.

the tapco is a little larger. squared off on the at the tail end. looks to fit multiple applications.

the krebs is minimal in design there is a diffrence in design between rifle and shotgun patters.

looking at google pictures, I can see where the tapco could interfere with a bho.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope people will read this... hitch pins will fail, Easily. In fact i had them fail, fixed it and it failed again the next time shooting. The shepherds crook is a very stable piece, but it was hard FOR ME to install and remove. A friend bought the tapco plate it it wasnt the best fit, It works but wasnt that easy to install. I have 2 krebs style plate that will come in, hopefully, tomorrow. I will gladly throw my 2 cents on those ones as well!

Madcow

• 2 weeks later...

I've done two conversions with Dinzag's parts. Both of them with hitch pins. No failures so far.

The oldest which is my S12 has gone on 2 years now and it hasn't failed me at all. Even if it ever does, its just a quick trip to the hardware store for about $0.50.

• 1 month later...