S308 vs S308 v21

I am a Saiga noob but not an AK noob as I own both a WASR and a PolyTech both in x39. I am curious to know the diffs between the S308 and the S308 V21. The 21 looks to have the receiver cut off at an angle but the conversion is already done. If I am wanting a good guerilla sniper / hunter, what would you recommend as the rifle to start with as my foundation?

Also, is it safe to assume that the Saiga's in 308 and the 12ga shotguns are as reliable as my AK rifles in x39?

Thanks in advance.

The Ver21 is sweet.

I highly recommend it, and yes it is already converted.

I think they spend a little more time at the factory on their nicer exports.

It will need some US parts added if you want to use more than 10 round mags, trigger group, gas piston, etc.

The Choate Dragunov style stock will fit, anything for a MAK-90 will fit, or you can get an ACE style internal receiver block and then you can use any number of different stocks. That's probably the one downside to the v21, but the factory stock is pretty nice already...

Ok, so why not get the v21, which is already converted, add the Choate Dragunov stock and forearm with rail underneath instead of getting the S308 and paying to have it converted? I can buy the v21 for approx $100 over the S308. The only other expense I would be out to get the Saiganov look is for furniture, muzzle hardware, gas piston and FCG. Thoughts? I am just trying to build this for as little as possible. Thanks again for the assistance.

Also, is it safe to assume that the Saiga's in 308 and the 12ga shotguns are as reliable as my AK rifles in x39?

yes, although sometimes the shotguns take some tweaking (polishing, boring out the gas block a bit) before they get there.. They have the potential to be every bit as reliable as any AK, but some need a litle work- it's all easy to do though.

Do it!

You can offset the cost by selling me your take-off wood furniture if you decide you don't want it.

Ok, so why not get the v21, which is already converted, add the Choate Dragunov stock and forearm with rail underneath instead of getting the S308 and paying to have it converted? I can buy the v21 for approx $100 over the S308. The only other expense I would be out to get the Saiganov look is for furniture, muzzle hardware, gas piston and FCG. Thoughts? I am just trying to build this for as little as possible. Thanks again for the assistance.