Saiga 12 Mags

Hey folks,

Just shot my new 12 today and am looking for some mags with the feature of holding open the bolt with the last shot.

I have surefire and saiga mags and I can't see how I can modify them to do it, so I came here to the folks with the experience

Thanks

Thom

I'll flame you before anyone else does in a meaner way....Your Saiga and everyone else in the US.....barring they do not have one of the old Jeric designed LRBHO, one of Cobra's LRBHO (someday available), or another homemade LRBHO are all in the same boat. Since you are a member, then, within a section, you can use the search option and search any of the following words and find a world of information. You are new to the forum so WELCOME!!!

LRBHO

Jeric

Warfied Armory

I am sure there are others but these will provide the most info.

Edited by philg80

The mag isn't supposed to hold the bolt open.

The only ones that do are ProMag & that is because they are non functioning pieces of shit.

If the mag follower gets hit by the bolt enough, it will break.

Welcome to the forum! :up:

Edit:

If you have a LRBHO, the mags will then be PART of the process.

Just polish the bolt. the mags will be easy to insert then.

Edited by Paulyski

He asked for magazines that have the LRBHO feature, not an actual LRBHO. And there's no need to 'flame' the guy for asking a legit. To the OP, I don't know of any shotgun magazines that will hold open the bolt just Surefire's rifle mags.

Hey folks,

Just shot my new 12 today and am looking for some mags with the feature of holding open the bolt with the last shot.

I have surefire and saiga mags and I can't see how I can modify them to do it, so I came here to the folks with the experience

Thanks

Thom

I'll flame you before anyone else does in a meaner way....Your Saiga and everyone else in the US.....barring they do not have one of the old Jeric designed LRBHO, one of Cobra's LRBHO (someday available), or another homemade LRBHO are all in the same boat. Since you are a member, then, within a section, you can use the search option and search any of the following words and find a world of information. You are new to the forum so WELCOME!!!

LRBHO

Jeric

Warfied Armory

I am sure there are others but these will provide the most info.

He asked for magazines that have the LRBHO feature, not an actual LRBHO....

.......To the OP, I don't know of any shotgun magazines that will hold open the bolt just Surefire's rifle mags.

ProMags followers have been well known to rase up too high.

Actually, if a ProMag mag isn't collapsed to the point that it wont feed shells, the follower will rise up too high.

Some people think this is neat.

At the end of a video I made proving a ProMag could be made to cycle 10 rounds of 3" .00 magnum, I sarcastically said "And it has a last round bolt-hold-open" The mike on the camera didn't pick my voice up very well as I said "because the follower came up too high". I keep getting YouTube PMs asking how it works. I guess I should add an annotation at the end or something. I did eventually fix the follower too, but once again, i don't trust their soft polymer not to re-collapse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We7d-XiOduY

Even if you fix them, due to their soft plastic, they will eventually, given the slightest pressure over time re-collapse, so they're only good as a range mag once fixed.

Edited by Paulyski
  • Like 1

He asked for magazines that have the LRBHO feature, not an actual LRBHO....

.......To the OP, I don't know of any shotgun magazines that will hold open the bolt just Surefire's rifle mags.

ProMags followers have been well known to rase up too high.

Actually, if a ProMag mag isn't collapsed to the point that it wont feed shells, the follower will rise up too high.

Some people think this is neat.

At the end of a video I made proving a ProMag could be made to cycle 10 rounds of 3" .00 magnum, I sarcastically said "And it has a last round bolt-hold-open" The mike on the camera didn't pick my voice up very well as I said "because the follower came up too high". I keep getting YouTube PMs asking how it works. I guess I should add an annotation at the end or something. I did eventually fix the follower too, but once again, i don't trust their soft polymer not to re-collapse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We7d-XiOduY

Even if you fix them, due to their soft plastic, they will eventually, given the slightest pressure over time re-collapse, so they're only good as a range mag once fixed.

Enjoyed your video. I saw it the other night as I was researching.

Thanks to all who have added answers.

This is my second Saiga. I converted an x39 over the holidays and enjoyed the process and the results.

I am going to put wood furniture on the 12 but with my short arms the butt stock will be short. I wonder how it will like with a 9 inch stock. I may take the colapsing stock off the x39 and see how it feels.

The original 12 set up feels great. So moving the trigger will make the reach uncomfortable. So... having fun inside for a few months.

Heres a pic of my x39

My link

Pics, you need an account at an image-host like Photobucket. Then you note the URL for your pic and type:

[img=your.image.host/photo.jpg]

and your pic should show up. If you sign with Photobucket, just select the link with the tags.

What is the wood on yours? How did you finish it?

I got the Russian laminate AKM stock set in our Want To Sell Section from forum member Tokarz1.

They can be found elsewhere on the net, or US made by BattleriffleG3 through Dinzags website.

Post a Want to buy add in the private sales section & you are sure to get some options quickly.

Finishing the way I did it takes about two weeks. This is how I did it:

Sand it down to bare wood, then with 500 grit.

Then 1 heavy coat Minwax Red Mahogany stain, don't wipe off. Let dry 1 day.

LIGHTLY wipe off excess.

Then 1 more heavy coat Minwax Red Mahogany stain, don't wipe off, let dry 1 week.

LIGHTLY buff with .0000 steel wool.

Then 1 heavy coat Minwax oil based Spar urethane out door high gloss spray varnish.

Let dry at least 1 week before handling.

S6300528.jpg

What is the wood on yours? How did you finish it?

I got the Russian laminate AKM stock set in our Want To Sell Section from forum member Tokarz1.

They can be found elsewhere on the net, or US made by BattleriffleG3 through Dinzags website.

Post a Want to buy add in the private sales section & you are sure to get some options quickly.

Finishing the way I did it takes about two weeks. This is how I did it:

Sand it down to bare wood, then with 500 grit.

Then 1 heavy coat Minwax Red Mahogany stain, don't wipe off. Let dry 1 day.

LIGHTLY wipe off excess.

Then 1 more heavy coat Minwax Red Mahogany stain, don't wipe off, let dry 1 week.

LIGHTLY buff with .0000 steel wool.

Then 1 heavy coat Minwax oil based Spar urethane out door high gloss spray varnish.

Let dry at least 1 week before handling.

S6300528.jpg