New Arsenal SGL20-22 $510 shipped

I snagged a brand new Arsenal SGL20-22 plum Warsaw the other day for $510 shipped. UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I am picking it up tomorrow from my ffl.

Do these Arsenals need to be cleaned before shooting, like most European imports do.

I'm gonna' run her in proper tomorrow night at the range. Drinks on the house!!!

post-22497-12652610511681_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dirt Diver

That is so sweet! I wish Arsenal shipped to CA, we would by a ton of their rifles...oh well.

I would bet that it will be pretty clean and ready to go. I would just clean the bore to make sure it had no obstructions and let her rip.

Enjoy that awesome rifle..

Matt

That's an amazing price! I paid more than that during K-VAR's sale.

The first time I took mine out I didn't clean it because I was pressed for time. I only had an hour or so my choices were to clean it or shoot it. It ran fine but obviously I'd recommend giving it a quick clean first.

Mine is plum as well, you're going to love it!

arsenal_01.jpg

Someone pm me with who has these on sale for $500ish.

I boughtt a 106fr during the last sale and missed out on the 21s. I will probably pick up a few 20s if you guys aren't bullshitting.

Edited by bigsal
  • Like 1

I think I was extremely lucky and the timing of getting this was perfect. Got it on GB. The seller got stiffed by a customer and he just put a low reserver to sell it. Apparently, no one was paying attention, EXCEPT ME :eek: and I GOT IT!!

I was fully prepared to pay at least a buck twenty more.....but did not have to :super: . It was a total fluke. I also would like to know where the other poster in this thread got their information. Heck, I may get another at that price...

a close friend can get me firearms for cheep through his uncle. he gets the guns for wholesale but doesent own a shop or anything just works from his home. i just ordered my saiga i got it for $293 which is dirt cheap in california considering everywhere you go (if you find dealers who sell saigas) its minimum $500 before tax or registration. mine came out to about $350 out the door hopefully i will pick it up this tuesday.

Well, the Warsaw stock is coming off tomorrow when my K-var NATO unit comes in the mail. Got my GunTech side mount with pickatinny rail. Also pulled the grip and put the Hogue Ergo. OMG what a differece!! Night and friggin' day. Super nice grip. Totally transforms the look and feel. This thing is really starting to take on a different personality. I also should get my budget Leepers 30mm Red Dot. We'll see how tha holds up. I hear good reports. I have an Eotech that I could use; but, I saw Nutnfancy's "Breaking Contact" vid, where he's using a SGL plum of some sort with an Eotech and it just looks a bit out of place on an AK. Just my perception. I'll just leave it on my MSAR STG556 for now. I think a little red dot looks more like what the Ruskies use.

I will post picture links when it's finished....maybe tomorrow. Lovin' that SGL vibe baby...lovin' it..

Oh, forgot. I also bought the K-var compensator....I've got 7 30rd mags just waiting to be emptied this Saturday...

Edited by Dirt Diver

Well, the Warsaw stock is coming off tomorrow when my K-var NATO unit comes in the mail. Got my GunTech side mount with pickatinny rail. Also pulled the grip and put the Hogue Ergo. OMG what a differece!! Night and friggin' day. Super nice grip. Totally transforms the look and feel. This thing is really starting to take on a different personality. I also should get my budget Leepers 30mm Red Dot. We'll see how tha holds up. I hear good reports. I have an Eotech that I could use; but, I saw Nutnfancy's "Breaking Contact" vid, where he's using a SGL plum of some sort with an Eotech and it just looks a bit out of place on an AK. Just my perception. I'll just leave it on my MSAR STG556 for now. I think a little red dot looks more like what the Ruskies use.

I will post picture links when it's finished....maybe tomorrow. Lovin' that SGL vibe baby...lovin' it..

Oh, forgot. I also bought the K-var compensator....I've got 7 30rd mags just waiting to be emptied this Saturday...

The EOTech. might look out of place and I agree it's best used on a AR. But I can say is does do a great job on my SGL-20.

What K-var compensator did you get?

EOTechonSAGA20usingLeapersUTG973Mt1.jpg

This one. U.S. made. The Eotech is absolutely a sweet piece. I do love mine. I was really excited about that new magnifier they made to go behind it, the one that flips to the side. Dissappointment for me...not made to flip to the other side for lefty's

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16986&cat=286&page=1

Let me know how well you feel it works,my last SGL-20 just came with a thread protector nut. So I need to get one.

This one. U.S. made. The Eotech is absolutely a sweet piece. I do love mine. I was really excited about that new magnifier they made to go behind it, the one that flips to the side. Dissappointment for me...not made to flip to the other side for lefty's

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16986&cat=286&page=1

Let me know how well you feel it works,my last SGL-20 just came with a thread protector nut. So I need to get one.

It shoul work just fine. It's a direct, high quality copy of the standard Russian AK-74 compensator and it's what Arsenal puts on all the newer models of SLG2x.

PICTURES ARE UP!

Man, I love that Hogue Ergo grip!

Ok, here are some pictures of the updates to the new SGL20-22 rifle. Just need the Leepers red dot to finish and test:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44884440@N04/sets/72157623424325598/

The Hogue grip is very ergonomic and comfy and I have one on my SGL21, but the way that it attaches, is not ideal for an AK platform, as far as robustness goes. Ideally, you want a solid body grip, with a long screw going all the way through it. My grip seems attached solidly enough, but I still worry about breaking it off, whenever I grab the rifle by the grip alone, Terminator style.