Slinging it!!  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What sling do you use for your Saiga-12 and why....

• 1 point
    • 2 point
    • 3 point
    • Saw gunner sling
    • duct tape and gorilla glue

I have been doing some major tinkering with my Saiga-12 the past two months. I added a T6 collapsible stock and pistol grip, galil foregrip, and she looks very nice. I am now pondering which sling to put on this weapon of mass destruction. I plan for it to be a tactical weapon. I aint huting bambi with this thing unless there are 20 of them. Thanks.

I have a Troy single point BattleSling and it has proven to be a great accessory to my Saiga. Brought it dove hunting and it didn't wear my neck out. They have a fairly decent pad to keep the irritation/weight fatigue down to a minimum.

Edited by BikerYoda

1 Point sling. very simple as well as no need to get in a sling supported shooting position with a shotgun.

main reason why I like 1 point is the simple task of a door breach for example. blow lock, let go of Saiga 12, grab pistol with right hand while grabbing sling with left, pistol comes up with right hand left hand pulls on sling bringing Saiga to middle of back so as to not hinder your movement. hands meet in the middle for pistol shooting position. Wala the 1 point sling.

again +1 for the single point. a single point makes shoulder transitions easier, yes it won't hang comfortably like a 3 point, but if the shtf you won't notice the gun banging against your knees and it certainly isn't as complicated. like azrial said the single to 2 point sling is excellent as it's the best of both worlds.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://new.defensereview.com/stories/magpul/MagPul_Sling_SHOT_Show_2009_1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://new.defensereview.com/magpul-dynamics-single-point-one-pointtwo-point-tactical-carbinerifle-sling/&usg=__ykDwAsdeiT66FcBr8Lvpp_9j-bQ=&h=750&w=1000&sz=190&hl=en&start=1&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=_OYFU5mOtHXVTM:&tbnh=112&tbnw=149&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmagpul%2Bsling%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

Magpul makes an awesome one, or you can make one yourself like azrial.

in single point mode, you just disconnect the sling from itself and attach it to a mounting point at the front of the gun and then you have a 2 point sling which is more comfortable to wear for long periods of time when you're in a green zone. For tactical applications you disconnect the front point and reconnect it to the sing itself for single point mode. The sling never has to be "unslung" to covert.

Two point sling. My favorite is the VTAC padded version available here:

(Link Reloved)

Mr. Lamb the man behind this sling has truly been there and done that. I've used this sling on a converted S12 with good results.

Jake

slingphoto1.jpg

Edited by Nailbomb
Non-Buisness member link removed by Nailbomb

I think a two-point sling is best if you are using a left-side folder. I attached mine to the ACE sling swivel and then looped it under the gas-tube and front (galil-type) handguards. It was a home-made job with a beuckle that quick releases but shortens the sling for more comfortable cross-body carry. It keeps the muzzle up so it doesn't run into your kneews when walking up stairs but still keeps it at a safe angle so you aren't flagging everyone you walk by.

well, I walked around knob creek for a couple of days with a saiga-12 on an m60 sling....you can put the gun almost anywhere you want it, really, but in the hip and level position, it does flop around a little bit.

I ordered a Troy Industries one point that'll go on the Saiga 12. Should be getting here in a day or two. Seems like a good piece of gear.

post-16001-12665457612564_thumb.jpg

Edit to add: It came in. Definitely a great sling. Would recommend to anybody looking for a good 1 point. It's great for the Saiga and I think would be perfect for an AR.

Edited by dannyfantasy
  • 2 months later...

I'm running a 2 point Israeli Kalashvikov sling with the front having a universal sling loop that goes around the barrel. It's very comfortable to carry and quite accessible when I want it.

israelisling1.jpg

wp1.jpg

Corbin

Picked up the same sling, Israeli Kalashnikov Sling, from www.onesourcetactical.com . 1 1/2" wide is very comfortable. You get 6 feet of sling to go from basic African or American carry to Israeli carry. Cable ends (I bought another longer 6" cable end, to run them on both sling attachment points) are very versatile and silent. Very simple.

Will post pics when I find my camera.

• 4 weeks later...

1 Point sling. very simple as well as no need to get in a sling supported shooting position with a shotgun.

main reason why I like 1 point is the simple task of a door breach for example. blow lock, let go of Saiga 12, grab pistol with right hand while grabbing sling with left, pistol comes up with right hand left hand pulls on sling bringing Saiga to middle of back so as to not hinder your movement. hands meet in the middle for pistol shooting position. Wala the 1 point sling.

And then gun moves on single point and goes parallel to ground and gets stuck in door way. LOL

Just kidding!!!

I slinged mine for hunting with a standard AK sling and quick detach mounts. Front has a QD rail mount adaptor and the rear has it built in to the DPH stock. It would be nice if the front rail had the QD hole built in. I was suprised how well it rides on your shoulder with a 2rounder in.

• 3 weeks later...

I use a Blackhawk 3 point because a 1 point doesn't feel right to me on a S12. The 3 point can do everything a 2 point can, but if you're going to be carrying around the S12 through the woods all day for whatever reason it's nice to have the extra carry options the 3 point provides.

There are two real advantages in doing what I did and getting the girlfriend/wife/fiancée to help you make a sling. One is of course, money. Slings have went up crazy high in price. Two is the fact that it gives your mate some ownership in the completion of your project. Which trust me, is not a bad thing!

Corbin, how do those MagPul Mag Pulls work on your mags? The MagPul company Rep said that the .308 models would split if stretched to work on the AGP Mags. Has that been your experience?

Edited by Azrial
  • Like 1

Well, I guess as long as we can all find a Dell strap and convince your fiancee into whipping one up for us, we'll be set.. :D

I am boiling it down to the Vickers and the VTAC.. Seems most people feel the VCAS is of superior quality to the VTAC..

I definitely want a padded sling for this thing.. ;)

Well, I guess as long as we can all find a Dell strap and convince your fiancee into whipping one up for us, we'll be set.. :D...

I bought mine at a Goodwill for $2. I see tons of suitable slings at Second Hand Stores and such for cheap money. Or was it the Wife/Girlfriend/Fiancée that you were having a hard time coming up with... :D