Has Anyone Tried This With a Yugo M70?

Is it possible to grind down the sides of a milled Yugo M70 receiver stub to create a front trunnion that will work in a stamped receiver? I screwed up and bought a Yugo front end with a milled receiver stub and a couple of standard AK flats (not the bulged type) and would rather not buy more parts if I don't have to.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a very simple thing to do "providing you know someone with a lathe!" I did one and pressed it into a milled receiver a few years back when I had owned a lathe. I have another Yugo barrel that I'm going to send to a friend in Ohio to turn down for me to put it into a 23mm trunion. You will have to headspace the barrel and drill it for the barrel pin. The kit I bought the person had tried to thread a trunion and it was off center and wouldn't feed. It bound up on the round so he dumped it on me for $300 and yes I still mad!

S6001872.jpgS6001873.jpg

This is a very simple thing to do "providing you know someone with a lathe!" I did one and pressed it into a milled receiver a few years back when I had owned a lathe. I have another Yugo barrel that I'm going to send to a friend in Ohio to turn down for me to put it into a 23mm trunion. You will have to headspace the barrel and drill it for the barrel pin. The kit I bought the person had tried to thread a trunion and it was off center and wouldn't feed. It bound up on the round so he dumped it on me for $300 and yes I still mad!

I think you may have missed the point.

Rather than threading a trunnion, a person with the right machining skills could machine the receiver stub into a trunnion. Then the lowly kit builder could rivet it to a stamped receiver.

Do you know anyone that has those kind of machining skills?