WTS - AK/Saiga BOLT-ON Lower Handguard retainer & Gas Tube

I got a lot of interest in my previous bolt-on handguard retainer that I sold, unfortunately I only had one. So I went ahead and made 6 more, as well as 6 gas tubes, for you guys.

AK/Saiga Bolt-On lower handguard retainer. Installs in minutes and requires no mods to your rifle. Use regular AK wood or plastic handguards on your rifle.

This is made from an actual AK lower handguard retainer. Therefore, it features the proper teeth and top-locking mechanism that other bolt-on retainers, which are just round clamps, do not. It is a snug fit and will hold up under recoil.

Requires minimal tools - just a vise or heavy pair of pliers, a small pair of pliers, red loc-tite optional for a better hold.

I include instructions on how to properly mount it onto your barrel.

This is a very affordable alternative to other, much higher priced options.

Retainers are only $28 each

-------------------

This tube is a standard gas tube whose rear has been slightly modified to fit onto a Saiga rifle as well as an AK.

This tube allows you to use standard AK upper handguards.

Exterior is in excellent condition, insides may have a bit of rust. This rust is not a problem, these tubes will function fine and have many, many years of life left.

These typically sell for $30 - they're for sale at only $18 each

Also, if you'd like some ventilation holes drilled into it for cooler operation, I can do so for you at no extra charge.

There are 6 Retainers and 6 Gas Tubes available

Shipping is $3. I take money order, or discreet paypal.

If you buy a set of Retainer and Gas Tube, shipping is free. Shipping is also free on multiple part orders.

post-21696-12653228599686_thumb.jpg

post-21696-12658279261363_thumb.jpg

Edited by Klassy Kalashnikov

I'll take a handguard retainer and a gas tube.

Wish this would of posted yesterday I just ordered a gas tube and handguard retainer to do this myself. Guess that means I will have to get another Saiga to put those parts on. :rolleyes:

PM sent

Edited by fbird

Wow! I am surprised to have this much interest!

No worries, i am going to make sure everyone who has purchased receives their items. The first six to have claimed each will get their product shipped this run. Assuming paypal, they'll be in the mail Monday.

For the few that ordered after the six, you guys may either pay now and I will ship as soon as I make more, which should be no later than a week from now. Or you guys may wait to pay. I have PM'ed everyone with their info on sale, or backorder for those waiting. Thanks a lot to everyone and I'm glad there is such interest on these.

whatthedil: It might be possible, the lips do stretch open when it is pressed onto the barrel during installation, so with a little filing or dremel grinding on the screw it might be able to hold onto a .308's barrel just fine. But I don't wanna say either yes or no just yet because I am honestly not sure. I'm gonna include an extra, longer screw on your order to experiment with.

vulcan16: done!

mrwilson: I should have taken a picture when I made and installed the first one on my rifle. But since it's an x39 with no finish on it and all ground up, and I used a rusted retainer to make the bolt on for it, I figured the picture would have just made it look like I'm peddling junk since they're all free of rust and freshly refinished before I sell them. Now I'm smacking myself in the head for not doing so.

Hey Klassy Avtomat,

I got an idea,

How about everyone who gets one and installs it, take a photo and post it here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:super:

:killer:

This does hit a nerve for Saiga people, to find and install a low cost LHGR is huge! As this opens the door for standard AK furniture! This may be bigger than the damn .223 mag issue! IMO

I think that's a great idea, I'd love to see people post up some pics of theirs installed!

I agree, it does strike a nerve, that's what got me thinking to make one for myself. To get AK furniture on a Saiga you're torn between dropping more cash than you paid for the rest of the conversion, or pretty tough work of removing and reinstalling the front sight and gas blocks. And since I had a spare I sold it, and when I saw how fast it sold, I decided to do a little run. And now that I did that little run I've gotta make more for all!

I also just want to remind everyone to follow the instructions I included as well, to make sure it's installed right without damaging or breaking it. If any hesitation feel free to contact me here. I have long distance and hell, I'll even help you guys over the phone if you want.

I got my gas tube and lower handguard retainer in today from Klassy. Very nice condition.

I took 3 mock up pics minus the screw that holds the retainer and the WOOD (which is on order from the same).

After 2 mins and some 'channel-lock' pliers I got the retainer on. Just position as close as you can to the gas block and squeeze it on (with gastube remover for easier install). voila...

Only squeeze the smaller portion of the retainer and NOT the flange. Slide back to the bbl notches and bolt in. (may need to squeeze the retainer abit to start nut). Just an FYI.

Alignment was spot on IMHO from top/bottom/side views. Gas tube was a pop-in also.

post-8775-12656843512201_thumb.jpg

post-8775-12656843588054_thumb.jpg

post-8775-12656843665522_thumb.jpg

Just waiting on the wood.

Glad to see you like it! Thanks a lot for the pics. Awesome to see that it worked great. And remember what he said, don't bend/press the flange! Can't stress that enough.

I have not forgotten about the wood either YWHIC, I am having an absolute PAIN getting the stain out to try a thinned version. I'm soaking it overnight again and should be able to test tomorrow.

Looks good! I'm really interested in this. I'll have to figure out what I'm doing, furniture-wise, and I might need a set of these (if you have any available at that time).

Good job on putting in work and making your own stuff, Klassy. :beer:

mrwilson... The screw head protrudes less than 1/8" from the clamp area and is silver with allen head. It does NOT protrude past the width of the retainer AT ALL. Klassy also notched a curve into the screw so you don't have to notch your rifle.

I may paint mine black or hit the lowes and try to russle up a black one of similar size/dim. If anyone can chime in for a post/screw (black) combo that would fit that would be ideal. I will see what the lowes has and when I get some wood post some pic.

post-8775-12657207367921_thumb.jpg

post-8775-12657207247306_thumb.jpg

Yes, after I shipped out the first two, it dawned on me that I didn't need to find black screws, I could just paint the standard ones. I painted the rest and will continue to with Duplicolor 500 Low Gloss Black Engine Enamel. Holds up good and matches the factory paint very well. Here's a pic of one with a black painted screw and nut:

And yes, I carve a notch into the screw so you do not have to modify your barrel. However, if you do decide you want to notch your barrel, you can do so, and simply rotate the screw 180 once it's in.

And thanks a lot to everyone for the compliments. Especially to YWHIC for posting detailed pictures of a mounted retainer. I ordered more parts and should have a couple more of these made by next week.

And to YWHIC - The screw is a #10-32 1" long machine screw with matching nut if you ever want a replacement, spare, different color, etc.

post-21696-12657411240522_thumb.jpg

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.