I had one once... a few years back... thought it was REALLY bad gas pains... cept it wouldnt go away... all night long, rolling in bed, pacing, on the john... wound up hurting so bad I was throwing up from the pain... I drove myself to the ER the following morning... fought with the nurse for an hour telling them to stick the IV where the sun dont shine... Till they said the magic word... "Dilaudid". I held up my hand and told them right in that vein there...

Pain was gone within SECONDS of the IV drip hitting my bloodstream!

I slept for a couple hours, got a CT scan... had a 7MM stone...

They released me with some bizarre drugs...

About a month later or so... was taking a piss... it slowed... and then WHOOSH!!! There it went!! Must have passed it... never had any issues since... :up:

That was some sucky pain though!!! I wouldnt wish that on anyone...

:smoke:

I slept for a couple hours, got a CT scan... had a 7MM stone...

It would have been bad-ass if it happened to be 7.62mm! :lol:

<----Never had a kidney stone. From the story I heard from my uncle one time............I never, ever, ever, ever want to have one........ever. :eek:

Yes Yakdung has had these bastards. I underwent shock wave lithotripsy to extricate from my kidney several years ago. This is the ONLY procedure to have and it was painless. I did not require any stent or external tubes. It was all done outpatient and no overnight stay in the hospital.

http://www.webmd.com...r-kidney-stones

Lessons learned:

1) Always drink plenty of water until your urine is clear. Eight glasses of water a day is only a guideline.

2) Never lay down after eating. Always sit upright as your intestinal tract is designed with gravitational flow in mind.

Good luck.

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung

I had one when I was 13, 8x4mm almost complete blockage of the ureter. It all started when I would run with my friend and I started getting slower and slower and the pain from running kept coming at shorter intervals. One night I took a leak and it was pink. In the morning it looked like pure blood, then the pain took hold.

Spent 4 days in the hospital, they had interns trying to figure out what was wrong with me... (If your the interns reading, me peeing blood has nothing to do with my large intestine) :rolleyes:. A few times I was screaming to die, that is how bad the pain was. Other pains in life pales in comparison to it.

I had lithotripsy to break it up and had to wear a stent inside of me for a month or two. Stents suck because you can not do anything physical, and if you do well you pee blood.

I had a small one last year that showed up on a ct scan, and I think I still have it now. I only get light pain at night, or when I lay on my back.

I feel bad for my sister who gets them almost weekly.

I watch what I eat and drink so I hopefully do not get a full blown monster sized one again.

Yep, been there & done that - MANY TIMES!! Had one every 4-6 years for the last 44 years. Had the last one blasted, just like yakdung, in the kidney before it started to move and cause all the fun. Even more fun when they get stuck in the tiny little tube between the kidney & bladder.

A few years ago I had 3 in a 6 month period. Haven't had one since then and never had one before that.

They were GREAT for getting a good supply of Vicodin and Percocet(I had at least two perscripts to fill 20-30 in a bottle for each stone).

Not that I'm a drug addict, but they work for migranes and they work fucking fast.

I had another friend who had one and it ended up getting stuck. They pumped him full of morphine and did some sort of ultra high frequency bombardment of the stone with sound. Turned the fucker to dust and my friend ended up pissing the sahara desert for a few days.

stone.jpg

Has anyone else had on of these bastards? Hurt like Hell. On pain meds and still rockin me.

I've had them a few times...

Last time, I took a vicodin, I was laying in bed and wound up puking curry through my nose... found out I'm allergic to vicodin a hard way.

Usually when I have them I don't bother with the pain killers, aside from the curry incident, I'd only taken one percocet. Pain killers make me feel worse than the actual pain.

Oh yeah, they suck! Got mine from too many almonds and cottage cheese-I would eat a lot of 'em after work outs. Had a 6mm. That morphine they hit me with was freakin' heaven! I opted for the pass it approach. They prescribed pain killers and Flowmax. The flowmax loosens up your inards allowing it to pass. I got my thumb stuck between the steady rest and a coarse grinding wheel one time to the point that my whole nail and a chunk of meat got ground away and blood went around the wheel and hit me in the face! The stone hurt worse! Good luck man!

I got my thumb stuck between the steady rest and a coarse grinding wheel one time to the point that my whole nail and a chunk of meat got ground away and blood went around the wheel and hit me in the face! The stone hurt worse! Good luck man!

THIS. I had a 3inch wide gouge through my foot once from glass.

Kidney stone hurt more.

They are a hoot!! NOT!!

I had my first when I was 12 ( 51 now). Several years ago, I kept on having extreme pains in my lower back, but they didn't feel like stones. Went on for a few years and got to where I couldn't pee at all. Went to the Urologist and had a KUB (kidney, uretha, bladder X-ray) and guess what they found!?!? I had two in right kidney, one was 18 mm. It blocked the flow completely. The left kidney had 7 stones in it, only smaller. They did lithotripsy and shattered the big mama and installed a stent to keep the path open.Wore it for around 8 weeks and had it taken out in the Dr.s office. Wasn't a problem installing it, I was under anesthesia. Coming out was a whole nuther world!! They gave me ONE Lortab and ONE 5 mg Valium to "sedate " me. YEAH RIGHT!!! Then the nurse ( I have a really wierd relationship with her now) grabs the end of my LIL Buddy, shoots a bunch of "numbing" agent in the end of it, and then the Dr. uses a scary looking thing with three prongs/grabbers on the end of it and shoves it up the end of my "friend" up to the bladder and grabs the stent, and rares back and snatches the stent out ! WOO HOO!!! Still have seven in my left kidney that they cant bust up and 1 plus some fragments left in my right one.

This was long, I know, but folks that don't know what the stone trip is like ought to have an idea of how much fun they can be!!

Edited by unclejake

They are a hoot!! NOT!!

I had my first when I was 12 ( 51 now). Several years ago, I kept on having extreme pains in my lower back, but they didn't feel like stones. Went on for a few years and got to where I couldn't pee at all. Went to the Urologist and had a KUB (kidney, uretha, bladder X-ray) and guess what they found!?!? I had two in right kidney, one was 18 mm. It blocked the flow completely. The left kidney had 7 stones in it, only smaller. They did lithotripsy and shattered the big mama and installed a stent to keep the path open.Wore it for around 8 weeks and had it taken out in the Dr.s office. Wasn't a problem installing it, I was under anesthesia. Coming out was a whole nuther world!! They gave me ONE Lortab and ONE 5 mg Valium to "sedate " me. YEAH RIGHT!!! Then the nurse ( I have a really wierd relationship with her now) grabs the end of my LIL Buddy, shoots a bunch of "numbing" agent in the end of it, and then the Dr. uses a scary looking thing with three prongs/grabbers on the end of it and shoves it up the end of my "friend" up to the bladder and grabs the stent, and rares back and snatches the stent out ! WOO HOO!!! Still have seven in my left kidney that they cant bust up and 1 plus some fragments left in my right one.

This was long, I know, but folks that don't know what the stone trip is like ought to have an idea of how much fun they can be!!

YIKES! The doc wanted to take that road with me and I left the hospital and roughed it out. Judging from your experience, I'm glad I did.

I work full time as a Paramedic, they taught us in class that Kidney Stones are actually worse pain than childbirth. Mainly because the pain lasts for days and days and days, whereas most childbirths are over in a matter of minutes to a handful of hours. Except on rare occasions. Kidney stone people are one of the few that I'll give some Morphine on the way to the ER.

I figured as much Coke as I drink I whould have had some by now, and I think I've felt a few small ones pass before as well. Luckily I've been cutting back on the Coke and drinking more water. I haven't felt any sharp pains for several months now.

Also helps lose weight too!

A few years ago I had 3 in a 6 month period. Haven't had one since then and never had one before that.

They were GREAT for getting a good supply of Vicodin and Percocet(I had at least two perscripts to fill 20-30 in a bottle for each stone).

Not that I'm a drug addict, but they work for migranes and they work fucking fast.

I had another friend who had one and it ended up getting stuck. They pumped him full of morphine and did some sort of ultra high frequency bombardment of the stone with sound. Turned the fucker to dust and my friend ended up pissing the sahara desert for a few days.

stone.jpg

Man! That's thing sure looks jagged! I thought they would be hard and smooth.