Just when we thought we had heard it all...

12 year old Jr. High Student Arrested for Doodle...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35257428/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/?gt1=43001

Now wtf is going on with our teachers? They are that high strung? Lazy? What in the mind of the teacher justifies that reaction? Is there something in the school food that is making our teachers over react? At least the administration said common sense should prevail, my question is how did it fail in the first place?

Edited by DJ Big Dog
  • Like 1

As stupid as it sounds, you really cant draw a conclusion from this story. Msnbc is natorious about leaving out the details they want, I dont trust anything I read there. This is school property and she did deserve being punished. Arrested? no..yes...maybe. You really cant tell. YOu gotta remember some schools theses days are dangerous places, alot of these kids grow up in the ghetto and couldnt give a shit about school or what the teachers say. Teacher could have confronted her, told her to stop, and the kid flipped out. Who really knows. Dont underestimate kids just because they are 12, some preteen/teens these days are far past there physical ages.

If she just doodled. sure way too harsh. But one cant really tell.

• Like 1

I can't even remember the last time I read/watched a news story about someone being arrested and they actually told us what the charges were. This pisses me off to no end. Pages of comments will be posted about why the police were wrong, or why the guy should be executed and we don't even know why they were arrested in the first place.

...at least she didn't draw...GASP!...the HORROR!....a..... GUN!

Can you please watch your language.

Oops! Fuck! Sorry!

That's okay, I just don't want my kid walking in here and seeing the G word. Thanks for your understanding....brother.

...at least she didn't draw...GASP!...the HORROR!....a..... GUN!

Can you please watch your language.

Oops! Fuck! Sorry!

That's okay, I just don't want my kid walking in here and seeing the G word. Thanks for your understanding....brother.

021.gif021.gif021.gif

They have effectively removed the Constitutional rights of School Children with their "no tolerance" policies, under even the most cursory examination these policies will be found to be no RIGHTS policies. To raise a bunch of enslaved serfs, just indoctrinate them to believe they have no rights under the guise of a public 'education'. The American liberal equivalent of Islamic Madrassa schools.

They have effectively removed the Constitutional rights of School Children with their "no tolerance" policies, under even the most cursory examination these policies will be found to be no RIGHTS policies. To raise a bunch of enslaved serfs, just indoctrinate them to believe they have no rights under the guise of a public 'education'. The American liberal equivalent of Islamic Madrassa schools.

As much as I agree with that, still I dont think this story even leans in that direction. needs more facts....

"Education department spokesman David Cantor said the incident shouldn't have happened, and that common sense should prevail."

No, I think the spokesman would be aware of it if the girl had flipped out or done something more egregious, and he would be anxious to make everyone aware of that in order to defend his department.

• Like 1

OK, as an ex teacher, I just have to pipe in. I got out of teaching 20 years ago, cause I saw where the system was going with it "zero" tolerance programs. Even back then, we had to do so much with nothing, I started out with average class size of 22, and in a few short years it was 38. Do you think the state pays for the teaching equipment? No they don't, most teachers spend theyre own hard earned money to get the material they need to teach with any success. States are cutting back on education funds, classes getting bigger, parents are letting kids run them, and then you have the administraters, some who have never taught in all their career, bean counters, trying to tightin budgets even more, your equipment fails, you have wait months to get replacements, if ever.

Now as for the article, defacing public properety like this, is as bad as "tagging" . I do not agree with the way the situation was handled. I would have had a parent talk, and showed the desk to them, and then hand them a outrageous bill. I have found that parents, at least most, will become extreamely terse with the child when money is involved. Hit them in their wallet, and they start to pay attention.

thats all I have to say about that....

HUZZAH!!!

Edited by Gothmog
  • Like 2

Now as for the article, defacing public properety like this, is as bad as "tagging" . I do not agree with the way the situation was handled. I would have had a parent talk, and showed the desk to them, and then hand them a outrageous bill. I have found that parents, at least most, will become extreamely terse with the child when money is involved. Hit them in their wallet, and they start to pay attention.

Good luck with that... Any parent with sense would laugh in your face and throw the unenforceable bill in the garbage. Hand them an outrageous bill... Right, because a teacher can levy fines. How about grab some cleaning solution and a rag, tell the kid to clean it or sit in after-school suspension for a week or two.

• Like 1

This is why my kids have never step foot in a public school system. Its private school for as long as I can with the good Lord willing am able to work. My kids = My problem. Dont get me wrong I feel bad for the kids born to crack heads but it is my responsibility raise my own.

Good luck with that... Any parent with sense would laugh in your face and throw the unenforceable bill in the garbage. Hand them an outrageous bill... Right, because a teacher can levy fines. How about grab some cleaning solution and a rag, tell the kid to clean it or sit in after-school suspension for a week or two.

... or have the kid arrested for vandalism. You just said yourself that the teacher is basically powerless in this situation. And if the parents are that fucked that their kid is a little vandal, what use are they going to be?

Or, to put it another way, what if this kid - who isn't YOUR kid - were "doodling" on your new car with a marker? Or "doodling" on your front door? Would it be vandalism then?

*1 A reasonable response.

However reason has been removed from the School system and replaced with draconian inflexible rules that violate every American principal of justice and the rule of law.

This would be the same as getting arrested for taking notes in your math book! Not fucking okay!

I remember that if I wore a blue Fruit of the Loom t-shirt with no writing on it, it was "gang related" when I was in middle school. Schools and admin too often blow this shit out of proportion. I was going to school in Minden Fucking Nevada! It is not the gang capital of the U.S., but a small town with about 8,000 people! Yet, I got shit for wearing something that was completely harmless because some admin meeting said it was propoganda for the Crips!

• Like 1

DJ Big Dog, if you were really "liberal" you'd think that that was acceptable.

No...Being absolutely over reactive is not a "liberal only" trait...the times I have taught I have seen many things similar to this and never felt the need to call the cops...I mean I have been at Saginaw High and Arthur Hill...usually pointing out the incident and calling the parents and making the kid clean the desk either during their off periods or after school worked great. I have said it before I have an independent set of values I do not need the support of clones to feel secure or make me feel good.

• Like 2

I am sorry but I failed to see the political bias in this article...I understand MSNBC is no different than FOX News IMO on biases...anyone here who is arguing the fact that MSNBC is tilting this story I do not see it...just an article about a teacher and school that has lost its common sense.

Edited by DJ Big Dog
  • Like 1

I remember that if I wore a blue Fruit of the Loom t-shirt with no writing on it, it was "gang related" when I was in middle school. Schools and admin too often blow this shit out of proportion. I was going to school in Minden Fucking Nevada! It is not the gang capital of the U.S., but a small town with about 8,000 people! Yet, I got shit for wearing something that was completely harmless because some admin meeting said it was propoganda for the Crips!

Ugh...now I remember the 'gang' nonsense that went on at my middle school. None of our clothes could have any logos or markings on it. The logic being that if none of our clothes had any identifying marks, none of us could wear the same identifying marks and thus begin forming Nike gangs or American Eagle gangs.

Of course we retaliated by forming the "Plain White Polo Shirt Gang". ^_^

• Like 1

I am sorry but I failed to see the political bias in this article...I understand MSNBC is no different than FOX News IMO on biases...anyone here who is arguing the fact that MSNBC is tilting this story I do not see it...just an article about a teacher and school that has lost its common sense.

Big Dog, sometimes when networks tend to lye their asses off about politics it tends to make people think that they are lying about everything, and if you can put a political spin on the accused story then that settles it and the mantra begins "don't trust "insert news org." for anything political. Everything can be political. Your point is valid in that politics don't need to be involved in this story, however one begins to wonder how a news org. that is swayed politically keeps from presenting a story that is not biased seeing as how all news org. are currently involved in arguing which one is the most politically balanced. I hate this. I remember a time when the news was simply reporting what was happening and had almost nothing to do with politics. Politics shouldn't be news, you couldn't get congress to put together a child's puzzle in less than a year, but god damn if we don't cover the hardships they encounter while doing so.

• Like 1

Big Dog, sometimes when networks tend to lye their asses off about politics it tends to make people think that they are lying about everything, and if you can put a political spin on the accused story then that settles it and the mantra begins "don't trust "insert news org." for anything political. Everything can be political. Your point is valid in that politics don't need to be involved in this story, however one begins to wonder how a news org. that is swayed politically keeps from presenting a story that is not biased seeing as how all news org. are currently involved in arguing which one is the most politically balanced. I hate this. I remember a time when the news was simply reporting what was happening and had almost nothing to do with politics. Politics shouldn't be news, you couldn't get congress to put together a child's puzzle in less than a year, but god damn if we don't cover the hardships they encounter while doing so.

Well stated..I understand how people can just niche a news org by the biases they show. I also miss the current events minus the political drum banging...it seems that is what motivates some...people can turn the simple art of conversation into a political muck raking fest...gotta love commentary and opinion.

• Like 2

All mainstream news organizations are biased. There is no more good journalism at all on TV. Everything has a spin on it. But it's not a big dark conspiracy either. Back in the day there were like 5 TV channels. The news played for like an hour a day on each. So all you needed to sell news was a personable anchor and some cool tunes. It was simple. Nowadays, there's over two dozen news channels, some of them doing news 24/7. Not to mention competing with radio, newspaper, magazine, and several thousand websites. So how do you sell news when you have several thousand competitors? You jazz it up. You pick an audience, and try to appeal to them. Aim your product at a market. Liberals. Conservatives. "Independents". Idiots. Kids. Teens. Whoever. That is why you have biased, outright junk news. If it wasn't biased it wouldn't be making money. And unfortunately for John Q. Public, they're after money and not doing the public an informative service.

A lot of them don't even try at all to have any semblance of balanced journalism at all. Anyone see Bill O'Reilly "interviewing" John Stewart the other day? If you've got twelve minutes watch the UNCUT version of the interview. O'Reilly treats Stewart as hostile the entire interview. That in and of itself is enough to discredit O'Reilly - Stewart is a COMEDIAN. His show is about politics, yes, but just making humor of it. Yet Bill O sees him as a threat and treats him hostile. He spends the whole time badgering him - saying he's never even watched his show. But then he states that it's garbage and his audience are "dumb stoners" wait....how does he know what the show is like or who watches it if he doesn't watch it? But then it gets better, because he mentions how he's been on the show four times....so wait, he's been on it four times, but has never watched it? Not even the episodes he did? Not even clips to see what they aired? Watching the interview literally makes your head hurt....it seems like there's no attempt to even appear credible, or even have a straight story put together.

TLDR: Mainstream news is all junk. Saying one's better than the other is like saying horse shit is better than cow shit.

Edited by Klassy Kalashnikov
  • Like 1

All mainstream news organizations are biased. There is no more good journalism at all on TV. Everything has a spin on it. But it's not a big dark conspiracy either. Back in the day there were like 5 TV channels. The news played for like an hour a day on each. So all you needed to sell news was a personable anchor and some cool tunes. It was simple. Nowadays, there's over two dozen news channels, some of them doing news 24/7. Not to mention competing with radio, newspaper, magazine, and several thousand websites. So how do you sell news when you have several thousand competitors? You jazz it up. You pick an audience, and try to appeal to them. Aim your product at a market. Liberals. Conservatives. "Independents". Idiots. Kids. Teens. Whoever. That is why you have biased, outright junk news. If it wasn't biased it wouldn't be making money. And unfortunately for John Q. Public, they're after money and not doing the public an informative service.

A lot of them don't even try at all to have any semblance of balanced journalism at all. Anyone see Bill O'Reilly "interviewing" John Stewart the other day? If you've got twelve minutes watch the UNCUT version of the interview. O'Reilly treats Stewart as hostile the entire interview. That in and of itself is enough to discredit O'Reilly - Stewart is a COMEDIAN. His show is about politics, yes, but just making humor of it. Yet Bill O sees him as a threat and treats him hostile. He spends the whole time badgering him - saying he's never even watched his show. But then he states that it's garbage and his audience are "dumb stoners" wait....how does he know what the show is like or who watches it if he doesn't watch it? But then it gets better, because he mentions how he's been on the show four times....so wait, he's been on it four times, but has never watched it? Not even the episodes he did? Not even clips to see what they aired? Watching the interview literally makes your head hurt....it seems like there's no attempt to even appear credible, or even have a straight story put together.

TLDR: Mainstream news is all junk. Saying one's better than the other is like saying horse shit is better than cow shit.

KK that's about as clean as it gets. I remember my great grandma watching the "news", it came on after Night Rider. It is absolutely all full of shit, some more than others but a liar is a liar. Oh yeah....Fuck Bill O.

• Like 2

Well stated..I understand how people can just niche a news org by the biases they show. I also miss the current events minus the political drum banging...it seems that is what motivates some...people can turn the simple art of conversation into a political muck raking fest...gotta love commentary and opinion.

The art of conversation is never simple, but it can be simplified by bored people, myself included at times. I have my oldest brother to thank in regards to myself not being too set in my ways. We grew up very strict in our religion and he was the first one I remember making sure I didn't simply nod my head left and right or up and down. Gotta love big brothers.