Best way to reduce recoil in addition to Muzzle brake and mid BBl Comp

My plan is to take an ACE stock and replace the 3/4" O.D. Delrin upper rod with a 3/4" O.D. aluminum tube. A 5/8" O.D. recoil reducer will fit inside a 3/4" tube and there's a company that will make a 5/8" recoil reducer to whatever length you need. I was planning on silver soldering the reducer into the tube so it doesn't move and so it's solid at both ends. I have some other projects ahead of this one but it's high on my list and I'm sure it will work. I put a 3/4" x 5" reducer in my 45/70 and it does a great job of dissipating the kick ...

You could run an Enidine extension tube, or a big squishy recoil pad. Are you looking to make the gun softer for recoil-shy shooters, or keep it better compensated as a racegun? Those mid barrel comps work great for competition but the blast can still be pretty intimidating for novice shooters.

if you spend the extra money to get your S12 tuned up like i did you can cycle any ammo you want their by reducing recoil. also because i am somewhat of a pussy when it comes to recoil i purchased a PAST shoulder recoil pad, It kinda looks like a KOTEX on my shoulder but i don,t give a shit!!! Also LONE STAR ARMS does all my work and less not forget COBRA later TGUNN....

• Like 1

Thanks for the info so far

The ace stock sound like a good plan with the mercury.

I am shooting it in open class for 3 gun

I have 2 of them I bought when they first were imported for 265.00 each. Wish I bought 10 !!!!

I did thye conversion on both of them last summer and since I started using all remington STS shells I have had great reliablilty

I have been loading 1 1/8 oz 7 1/2 shot @ 1200 FPS I like the steel to drop not just maybe fall over .

We have some pretty stiff wind where I shoot and they set the steel hard sometimes.

What adaptor do I need to go with the Ace stock

I have the Ace Socom on both of my Open match AR's they work great.

THX

Dan

Thanks for the info so far

The ace stock sound like a good plan with the mercury.

I am shooting it in open class for 3 gun

I have 2 of them I bought when they first were imported for 265.00 each. Wish I bought 10 !!!!

I did thye conversion on both of them last summer and since I started using all remington STS shells I have had great reliablilty

I have been loading 1 1/8 oz 7 1/2 shot @ 1200 FPS I like the steel to drop not just maybe fall over .

We have some pretty stiff wind where I shoot and they set the steel hard sometimes.

What adaptor do I need to go with the Ace stock

I have the Ace Socom on both of my Open match AR's they work great.

THX

Dan

The Ace billet aluminum internal adapter works brilliantly. Since the tang has to be cut, I like the adapter with four additional screws tapped for the receiver pin locations used for the factory FCG. I recently purchased Ace components from CSS. Excellent service.

DPH also has an internal adapter block that looks good. And, the price is right.

Good luck!

WS

Don't know what your looking for, this is an old pic but I have a 11oz C&H Mercury Recoil Suppressor in the CAA AR stock adapter set up. It's a perfect honeymoon fit and just as a back up I tapped two holes and installed set screws to make sure the mercury tube didn't move around. In as much as anything else, it balances the gun out so it doesn't seem front heavy. On a scale from 1-10 I'd give it maybe a 3 for recoil reduction.

post-1866-12656690808074_thumb.jpg

any luck with mercury suppresors ?

I got a mercury recoil reducer in my shotty and it does seem to reduce the recoil. Since I put it in, I shot around 100 3" magnum slugs at the range in one day. I had it installed by Cobra76two on this site. I appreciate it, and I'm going to include the reducer in future mods to my saiga.

Citadel