Pre-order, $100 for MD-20 drum

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey everyone,       I swore I wouldn't do one ever again, but have to take it back. We are having

Mike is in SW ohio. there hasn't been anything manufaturer up here (NE ohio) since Eisenhower was president. OK , I exagrate, not since Nixon. LOL

Well I've had enough.   I ordered my first drum, it cost me $260 plus shipping.   I'm so pissed off I ordered 8 more drums at the $100 pricing.   I figure since I have spent $1060 for 9 drums I'

Posted Images

Let's get something straight! I am not even slightly "afraid" and you can trust that. And I just saw pics tonight and now I definately am not even a little worried, lol. And if they use the same material as the rest of their stuff, with the design I see... You can buy one of their and let us know what you think but you will be very sad you didn't get the MD-20 instead!!!! They have pics posted on their site. You guys tell me if you can see the same weaknesses (plural) I can, just from the pics!!!

WOW, that thing looks like a pile of crap. The back plate looks like it snaps on using cheap looking tabs, and it has some kind of loading assist on it that will put pressure on that weak point. But hey, I'm sure it will hold a door open just as good as a wraithmaker. :haha:

Am I close?

Am I the only one who wants to wait and see what this competition he is so afraid of holds?

Let's get something straight! I am not even slightly "afraid" and you can trust that. And I just saw pics tonight and now I definately am not even a little worried, lol. And if they use the same material as the rest of their stuff, with the design I see... You can buy one of their and let us know what you think but you will be very sad you didn't get the MD-20 instead!!!! They have pics posted on their site. You guys tell me if you can see the same weaknesses (plural) I can, just from the pics!!!

Lemme try! Lemme try!

1- Polycarb snap catches that are exposed & will likely catch on something & snap off, not to mention eventually snap off with repeated removal. (let alone in cold environments)

2- The cover is not recessed, thus, not reinforcing the overall strength of the drum.

3- the cover extends up into the feed tower, so the rear catch lacks reinforcement & may quickly snap off.

4- they started out by attempting to clone the first MD drum, before material was added to increase strength (& make it look cooler).

5- that reload assist will stress the already weak snap-catches.

Mike should buy one, X-ray it like Distal did his, then subject it to the torture test that the "other" competition faced (& failed).

The toyota of truth.

SAI-A6-2.jpg

I do hope some people buy it, just so we have someone to screw with & say "told ya so" to. :devil:

Edited by Paulyski

I

- Is this just a way to raise extra funds for a secret USA made Saiga12 weapon project in NE Ohio?

Mike is in SW ohio. there hasn't been anything manufaturer up here (NE ohio) since Eisenhower was president. OK , I exagrate, not since Nixon. LOL

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

On the first pre-order, I got black, because I was skeptical of the durability with a clear cover. But last week I ordered a few, all they had were the clear cover, which actually seemed really sturdy, but they're kind of bright. I ordered some more today, and went with the smoke. I think it will be a good compromise.

Didn't mike state that the covers were made from the ghe same material regardless of it being clear, smoke, or black?

With that said I have both clear and black and I seem to prefer the clear. You can get a much faster round count using a quick glance with the clear than the smoke. And the clear looks much cooler :D

Well I've had enough.

I ordered my first drum, it cost me $260 plus shipping.

I'm so pissed off I ordered 8 more drums at the $100 pricing.

I figure since I have spent $1060 for 9 drums I'm averaging about $117.78 per drum, that way when Mike goes back to $120 per drum I come out ahead. :super:

Edited by KrisFox
  • Like 2

Well I've had enough.

I ordered my first drum, it cost me $260 plus shipping.

I'm so pissed off I ordered 8 more drums at the $100 pricing.

I figure since I have spent $1060 for 9 drums I'm averaging about $117.78 per drum, that way when Mike goes back to $120 per drum I come out ahead. :super:

:rolleyes::lolol::smoke::super::wub:

I think it would be really cool to have a MD drum that shot magnum loads. I wouldn't mind owning both. One that shoots regular 2 3/4in and another one that shoots only 3in. :super:

Any thoughts? Could we talk Mike into marketing one?

Mike; would you make one if the demand was right?