Barrel cutting and permanent attachment for non SBS

OK shes home! looks great! Vankiller did a beautiful job! unfortunately despite his opening the gas ports shes under-gassed and all I get with the cheep wallmart stuff is FTEs now, still ripps through 3" magnum 00 with no problem but I sure cant afford shootin them as much as I prefer to! I want to eventually get a self regulating gas plug but thats not gonna help if theres not enough to begin with so ideas suggestions? And sorry no pics yet but I'll try to get them asap

Well I shot some different slugs Federal and Remington value pack today and it eats them up no problem, I tried lubing it up then shooting the cheepy wallmart shot but they still wont eject. I dont know, maybe have a fourth gas port drilled? Ive already lightly sanded and polished everything so I really dont know what else to do

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, I really need to though I cant afford much else! Im not sure what the limit is on opening the gas ports, Vankiller already said he took them from .081 to .093 so idk if bigger is an option, I was wondering if I could just get a fourth hole drilled or if there's any other options? I do want to go with a self regulating plug eventually so I wonder if that would make having a fourth hole more feasible?

Edited by vinnivanhood

Nope, I really need to though I cant afford much else! Im not sure what the limit is on opening the gas ports, Vankiller already said he took them from .081 to .093 so idk if bigger is an option, I was wondering if I could just get a fourth hole drilled or if there's any other options? I do want to go with a self regulating plug eventually so I wonder if that would make having a fourth hole more feasible?

not gettin any ideas here, soon as I get a chance Im just gonna open a new thread about the gas ports...

Edited by vinnivanhood