I was bowhunting elk in the flattop wilderness that day. About midday some wrangler came running a horse down the trail looking for us. He told us a vague discription of what happened in NYC and PA. His boss sent him out to let folks out of touch with the world know what was happening. Got a radio out and did our best to hear what was going with what reception we could get. Packed a bull out a few days later and that's when we seen it on TV and really got a jist of what happened. I'll tell ya that was a long drive home that year even though we tagged out.

I still get bent out of shape when I hear them rag heads put us down and hide behind their religion. Yet we still welcome many of them to this country. All I could say is support our troops through the good and bad.

Thanks for the service SI.

I was in History class taking a test when the principal came in and turned on the TV. The rest of the day no work got done; we were all glued to the tube and were discussing what we were going to do. One of my classmates was crying and scared because she had just joined the Reserves. The timing was really weird because just a few hours earlier I was talking to my best friend about the current state of affairs around the world, and commented that "something" was going to happen. I turned to look at him and his jaw was on the floor.

Pickup gun racks were full for the rest of the year. Even the most liberal teachers let us carry our pocket knives.

Hey pinhead my story is much like yours. I was in government class and we were going to listen to a recording of the constitution. My friend TyRell and I went to the library to get a tape player. TyRell was good friends with the librarian and started talking to him when he walked in. I noticed that the TV was on and one of the teacher aid was crying and that's when I took a good look at the TV and saw the towers burning. I called to my friend and he didn't respond at first then I said to him TyRell look at the fucking TV he looked and went O my god. I left the library and went back to the class and went up to my teacher and told him quietly what was happening he had our class take a break and go to the library there we watched and discussed what was happening. He asked us who we thought had did it and I said Osama some of the class looked at me funny and he asked why I thought that I told him due to the prior attacks by him. Whats unusual is about a week prior to this I was drinking with a few of my friends mainly military and ex military. We got on the subject of terrorist attacks one of them was in Beirut during the barracks bombing and other was in Somalia in 94 with the 10th mountain and they asked me if I was going to attack a building how I would do it and what I said was take a plane loaded with fuel and crash it into the building. A year after it happened I was living on base in the D.C. area and was able to go to the pentagon for the memorial service they had it was quite moving.

I was asleep, I had just worked the night shift. My phone rang over and over with different friends and family wanting to know what was going on and why? They all knew I was in Law Enforcement and wanted me to reassure them that something was going to be done. Most wanted to know what "I" was going to do! I was a Narcotics Detective at the time, and this was out of my league!

Still, 4 days later, I was heading up there as part of a group assigned to help. It changed my life and my career.