I'm a no-rails kinda guy myself.

Although my preference is for wood furniture I fancied an AK in desert sand. The rubber overmold seemed like a more attractive option to me than just plastic. I'm still willing to give it a look when they finally bring product to market but I'm guessing that won't be till summer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Those look fucking horrible.

+1

Sweet! I was totally wanting to do another saiga conversion in full wood. But I love the hogue stuff and I might have to try this out!

Posted Images

giving this thread a bump since I just checked the hogue site and it seems these are now for sale.. I didn't see any mention of pre-order so I guess it's for real...

I'm damn tempted to swap out my 47s quad rail for one (I hate unscrewing the bastard to clean the gas tube)... I wonder if it's possible that the upper HG will hold zero for a red dot..

will probably get it regardless but the top rail seems a bit pointless if not.. Probably gonna hold out and see if CSS gets them though to give them my business.

Edited by volkov
  • 1 month later...

They've been listed on the website since February. I would email first to find out if they're shipping.

Hi everyone,

after I got the info about this set from this forum, I now just tried to order one from them for my upcoming MK, but I got immediate reply via mail that the set wont be available before end of june earliest. Just to let you guys know.

DR

• Like 1

I do like the new design a lot better, but I also noticed in the pictures I've seen...

All the older fat ones are on stamped rifles, this new design I have only ever seen on a milled rifle. They will not interchange, so is perhaps one design going to be used for milled and another for stamped, or are we only seeing demo pictures and the new design will be used on both?

I do like the new design a lot better, but I also noticed in the pictures I've seen...

All the older fat ones are on stamped rifles, this new design I have only ever seen on a milled rifle. They will not interchange, so is perhaps one design going to be used for milled and another for stamped, or are we only seeing demo pictures and the new design will be used on both?

Actually, I think the upper and lower handguards are interchangeable between milled and stamped. From what I can see by pictures, that is, as I don't have any milled guns. I know the stock is different. But I'm pretty sure the handguards are interchangeable. Anyone with a milled gun that can confirm/deny?

One thing I do notice is that these have the new style heat shield front, so they will probably fit a little wobbly with standard handguard retainers. I would recommend if you get these to get the Bulgarian "hooked over" handguard retainers with the curved lips.

I really like the rail capability of these. I like adding vertical grips to the fore end, but hate the weight of most of the big metal quad/tri rails.

Also just posting a new picture of the updated design.

post-21696-12751615754088_thumb.jpg

Edited by Klassy Kalashnikov
  • 2 weeks later...

I actually still want the old one.. wonder if they will ever put a few up for sale.. very unique looking

Anyone have any of these on a rifle yet? Or are they still in limbo - I checked the Hogue site, and it seems like they have them up there, but some don't have pictures at all (all colors other than black)and the pictures are still the "old" style.

not bad for$50.00!

New pics look much better.

First ones looked like this:

" The Hogue one looks more like the fat girl you might wake up with after a night of hard drinking, maybe cushy and fun to play with but you don't want to be seen with it ..."

ha!ha!amen to that!

• 3 weeks later...

bumping sort of out of frustration.

When I talked to them back when I last posted they said they would be shipping by now.. I havn't heard anything which sucks because I'm REALLY looking forward to mine.. The website has no mention of the fact that it's not in stock, nor has the website photo been updated.. Basically communication SUCKS.

Still looking forward to the product, just irritated at communication.

Yeah, if they had a buttstock I'd be in for sure. Actually - I wonder if they would be able to modify one of their standard shotgun overmolded stocks to bolt up to a rear trunion? Living in Kalifornia, this would actually be the best of all worlds, since I could retain my detachable mags... Anyone out there done this? Might be able to make a block that would attach a hogue 870 or Mossberg 500 stock. That would be the business.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently contacted Ken at Hogue through email and through the sigforum which he frequents to get an update.

"There has not been a firm ship date made. Work is continuing on these models. I did see the machine cutting electrodes last weeks so progress is moving forward. The last time frame was projected Sept/Oct. As the product is nearing completion, I will do my best to keep the Forum people posted."

• 1 month later...

[They're listed for sale on Optics Planet website but no indication of whether or not they're in stock... and no pics.

edit:

Sent them a note and got this reply,

"At this moment, the item you have inquired about is not in stock."

Edited by photoshooter
  • 3 months later...

I would be very interested in having that lower handguard for a saiga 12. I love hogue products and am looking for a smooth, tidy handguard with a couple tiny rails for a S12. Kind of like the kvar handguard - unfortunately it can't accommodate rails, so adding a light is going to be a problem.

Has there been any updates regarding the fact that the inner heat shield wasn't vented to match the outer hand guard?

oh and tag...just in case there are updates. :D

Think I'm still on the order for this, but I'm long past caring and I'm wondering if legally they could even charge me and ship this anymore... been a long time.

Anyway, I'm not holding my breath on this. Don't think it's coming out anytime soon, the hype is long since passed and no new news as far as I know.

• 2 months later...

I've been waiting about four months. As you can see, volkov has been on the hook for even longer. Still, I just fired off an email asking them to update their webstore if they have no intention of getting them in stock.

It's a shame, really. I like Hogue grips a great deal. I have their grips on two of my Saigas and two of my ARs, one of which also has their free-float tube.

The best bet may be for interested parties to keep a bug in the company's ear letting them know there is interest in the product. I can't link to the contact form since it's on a non-sponsor vendor's site, but if you Google your way to the "Hogue Store" you're bound to find the "Contact Us"-link.

Edited by DrThunder88