frustrated with my new parts

I ordered a gas tube and lower handguard retainer(.308) almost two weeks ago, and just received my order today.

The gas tube is pitted from rust, and was painted over, the gas tube is way too long, about an eighth inch, won't fit at all, and the retainer is too tight to fit over the barrel.

I was trying to get this thing pieced together for tomorrow as I am going to a long range shoot at my local range. Guess I won't be doing that.

I assumed that these parts would fit like a glove for the high price, which is why I bought them to begin with.

I don't have another month to ship the parts back and wait for new ones to come back, so I guess I just paid $140 for something I should have made myself for 1/4 the price.

:ded:

Edited by silley

While venting your frustration is understandable, I hope you've sent Dinzag a PM or email to get your issue resolved. Brian is a totally upstanding business member and I'd hope things will get straightened out for you.

The OP is a obviously a dork. Anyone who has bought parts from Dinzag knows this is BS. I have done MANY conversions using his stuff and it is always A1. What a bunch of crapola.

Edit to Add: I have done several and not ran into any problems, and I love Dinzag's stuff. Obviously I jumped the gun on this a little and for that, I apologize to the OP. See how easy it is not to be a troll.

Edited by Stansplace

maybe the tube was a little long to compensate for slight variations in different saigas. better a little long than short. just get out the dremel and do some fine tuning and stop bitching. if you could actually make these parts yourself for 1/4 the price then you should have no problem making them work.

stansplace: you think nobody turns out bad parts once in a while? hows toyota doing right now... seems they always had a good rep until they effed up a couple cars, now everyone is crying about it. I'm not questioning DINZAG's integrity, I just want to know why these parts are not fitting. you can't tell me you wouldn't be pissed if you blew $140 on something and it didn't work..??

motopilot1: I am a fabricator/welder, I don't need you to tell me how to fix the problem. my point was that I could have bought a handguard retainer and gas tube online and had them shipped to my house and wasted hours dicking around with them, and yes probably would have cost $40-50, but then I'm out my labor to modify the parts. I figured it would be quicker to order parts from dinzag because everyone raved about the fit/finish. there's NO way that saiga's have 1/8 inch of variance in the gas tubes.

I don't need to be bitched out because my post count is low, this isn't my first time putting a gun together, I just want to know why these parts are not even close to fitting on my saiga .308, seeing as that is what they are advertised to fit. I think that is reasonable.

The OP is a obviously a dork. Anyone who has bought parts from Dinzag knows this is BS. I have done MANY conversions using his stuff and it is always A1. What a bunch of crapola.

It's not crap and it's not the fault of Dinzag. Some 308's have a larger diameter than others and the normal bolt on hg retainer doesn't fit. I know because I had the same issue. OP if you send Brian an e-mail he will get you set up( he has some of the larger one's on hand) As for the gas tube, it does say surplus/used on the website.

Sounds like you got it figured out, but if you have any other probs, shoot me an email & we'll get you fixed up.

Don't make it on here as much as I'd like.

True, there are a couple 308's that have popped up over the years that have a larger barrel. - oversize 308 retainer info -

I think smitty12b was just recently. Cobra has a heavy barreled 308 as well.

Gas tubes - Unissued ones are rare and we lose a lot due to either damage, being too short or too rusty. We pick the best ones we can get our hands on try to ensure they are nice & snug fitting.

Brian, thank you for the reply, sorry for the gripe, I have fitted the parts to my liking and they work fine. My only concern was that the parts were expensive, and didn't seem like they were test fitted before shipment. I realize that not every saiga is the same, so no worries. I am happy and will purchase Dinzag parts again. :beer: