how do i polish the bolt?

Does anyone know what the present backlog is on getting their parts completed by Pauly's Stealin? I sent my Saiga 12 parts to Pauly's on Sept 30 and still have not heard anything. I have sent a couple of e-mails and gotten no response. ......starting to get a little concerned.

call him on his listed phone #?

im sure he is busy, but not THAT busy... call him...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well having wood like you do is a great start. Basically just pick a hand, apply lube and go to work, even strokes, slow yet firm. You can increase speed as you need based on how close you are to clim

This is a way to do the mod for DIY'res. This is my first bolt mod. GlassBolthas advanced greatly since, but this is a good way for those who can't afford to send their parts out, or those who simpl

*Edited for tact.   Just to clarify if you speak about me, I posted my personal 1st procedure long before I went into business. It was for informational purposes to, educate and assist people do th

Posted Images

Thanks for the thread.

I only removed material from wear spots and just enough to smooth out things a bit. Not completely done yet but it's looking pretty nice.

Still working on the receiver and carrier while the guns apart.

LDLIwFn.jpg?1

Edited by justchil
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Unfortunately I'm based in the UK so was unable to send my bolt to the USA to Pauly to get it polished so decided to do it myself.

While I was at it I changed my gas rod to the Tom Cole rod and I also made up a vertical charging handle out of 1/2" 416 stainless and welded it to the carrier with 309L

I have all the equipment to hand as I've been into cars / bikes for a long time.

Thanks to Pauly for your tutorial posts and PM's

Unless you have done It its hard to appreciate how much time and effort is involved to get a good quality finish

Here's mine I did

Saiga 12 bolt

Edited by AustenW
  • Like 2
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Unfortunately I'm based in the UK so was unable to send my bolt to the USA to Pauly to get it polished so decided to do it myself.

While I was at it I changed my gas rod to the Tom Cole rod and I also made up a vertical charging handle out of 1/2" 416 stainless and welded it to the carrier with 309L

I have all the equipment to hand as I've been into cars / bikes for a long time.

Thanks to Pauly for your tutorial posts and PM's

Unless you have done It its hard to appreciate how much time and effort is involved to get a good quality finish

Here's mine I did

call me at 214 994 9334 I have some questions about how u did this

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...