Sign in to follow this  
350oshin

how do i polish the bolt?

Does anyone know what the present backlog is on getting their parts completed by Pauly's Stealin? I sent my Saiga 12 parts to Pauly's on Sept 30 and still have not heard anything. I have sent a couple of e-mails and gotten no response. ......starting to get a little concerned.

call him on his listed phone #?

im sure he is busy, but not THAT busy... call him...

• Like 1

Thanks for the thread.

I only removed material from wear spots and just enough to smooth out things a bit. Not completely done yet but it's looking pretty nice.

Still working on the receiver and carrier while the guns apart.

LDLIwFn.jpg?1

Edited by justchil
  • Like 1

Unfortunately I'm based in the UK so was unable to send my bolt to the USA to Pauly to get it polished so decided to do it myself.

While I was at it I changed my gas rod to the Tom Cole rod and I also made up a vertical charging handle out of 1/2" 416 stainless and welded it to the carrier with 309L

I have all the equipment to hand as I've been into cars / bikes for a long time.

Thanks to Pauly for your tutorial posts and PM's

Unless you have done It its hard to appreciate how much time and effort is involved to get a good quality finish

Here's mine I did

Saiga 12 bolt

Edited by AustenW
  • Like 1

Sorry to piggy-back this post, but I have not hadmuch luck with this...

I really need to buy a bolt for a saiga-12 shotgun (model IZ-109) like the op has. can anyone help me find it please?

• Like 1

Unfortunately I'm based in the UK so was unable to send my bolt to the USA to Pauly to get it polished so decided to do it myself.

While I was at it I changed my gas rod to the Tom Cole rod and I also made up a vertical charging handle out of 1/2" 416 stainless and welded it to the carrier with 309L

I have all the equipment to hand as I've been into cars / bikes for a long time.

Thanks to Pauly for your tutorial posts and PM's

Unless you have done It its hard to appreciate how much time and effort is involved to get a good quality finish

Here's mine I did

call me at 214 994 9334 I have some questions about how u did this

I guess I was one of the lucky ones. I sent my S12 bolt to Pauly, I guess it was before he went down hill. I got it back and he did a fantastic job on it.