Tapco mag follower sticks. How to un-fuck it?

No results came up when I searched. Is it a common problem for Tapco magazines to stick? If I push the follower down, it will usually stop coming back an inch or two from the top. I have to bang it on something to un-stick it. I've tried CLP, I've tried Teflon grease, still gums up. Is there a particular surface that could be sanded down or something to help? I know I should have gone with combloc metal in the first place, but this investment is long sunk.

If you have a brightly colored crayon or something you might apply a layer to the follower and run it up and down with a stick to see if you can spot where it is rubbing. Other than that it is hard to tell without being able to see the mag and follower. What caliber is it?

You could do like I do:

1) Don't buy any "Pro"mags

2) Keep that one around as a demonstrator for your friends/acquaintances on why they shouldn't, either.

I've never purchased one, but have unexpectedly received several over the years with guns I've purchased from individuals (haven't ever unexpectedly received any milsurp mags, though)

No results came up when I searched. Is it a common problem for Tapco magazines to stick? If I push the follower down, it will usually stop coming back an inch or two from the top. I have to bang it on something to un-stick it. I've tried CLP, I've tried Teflon grease, still gums up. Is there a particular surface that could be sanded down or something to help? I know I should have gone with combloc metal in the first place, but this investment is long sunk.

I would recommend just sending it back to the dealer (or to Tapco directly) for an exchange under warranty. It's true that Tapco mags aren't as good milsurp mags, but Tapco does have a much better reputation than Promag when it comes to warranty work. If you exchange this mag under warranty there is a good chance the replacement mag Tapco sends you will work just fine (unlike Promag, who seems to have about a 50/50 chance of sending a new mag that is just as bad as the old mag for those who do an exchange under warranty with them). If you want to try to fix it yourself first, I would recommend you just stick with trying grease or some other lubricant, and if that doesn't work then send it in for exchange under warranty (if you try filing or sanding anything on the mag body or follower, you may void the warranty).

Edited by Frogfoot