saiga 12 off at 50yds.

hey everybody I need some help. I've shot my s12 at 25-50yds. and I have to aim at 11oclock in order to hit bullseye. I have factory iron sights. I'm shooting federal 1610fps slugs. Jus wondering any s12 owners have a range report with slugs at similiar distances. Even with my eotech i still had shoot at 11.

hey everybody I need some help. I've shot my s12 at 25-50yds. and I have to aim at 11oclock in order to hit bullseye. I have factory iron sights. I'm shooting federal 1610fps slugs. Jus wondering any s12 owners have a range report with slugs at similiar distances. Even with my eotech i still had shoot at 11.

Shooting remington sluggers from wally world at 50 yards, mine seems to shoot where I point it. Maybe more Minutes of torso than "MOA" but its a shotgun at 50 yds

You have a problem, could be you, could be the gun... I'd lay money on it being you :haha:

Actually, it could very well be crappy factory sights.

Wally World Winchester value packs of rifled slugs, 15 rnd box @ $9.97.

Using Krebs sights, I can consistently empty a 10 rnd mag with quickly aimed shots, into 10" @ 50yrds.

If I take the time to carefully aim, I can get all 10 into 6" @ 50yrds, same carefully aimed shots all go into 10" @ 75yrds.

Edited by ChileRelleno

Don't make the assumption that your factory sights are on straight. Mine weren't, and I had to crank the rear sight considerably over to the left to make up for the front bead/gas block being off center.

Most recently I've installed a set of Krebs, so now I can line everything up properly.

Drift your rear sight to the right until the rounds are hitting center. Unless you get a set of krebs or some other bbl mounted front sight, there is not alot you can do about the elevation unless you lower the rear sight plane and notch.

if i'm hitting right...i suppose i need to move the rear sight to the left...im a look into the krebs setup. next time i go out maybe i'll try to stiffen up my shoulder to see if point of impact changes.

Yes that is correct. Sorry bout that, for some reason I was thinking your bullets were hitting at eleven o clock. My bad. So that changes everything then. Now just drift the sight to the left like you mentioned and if you really wanted to raise the elevation then you can file the front sight down until you get it where you mentioned. I would suggest getting krebs sights. They are a huge improvement over factory.

Yes that is correct. Sorry bout that, for some reason I was thinking your bullets were hitting at eleven o clock. My bad. So that changes everything then. Now just drift the sight to the left like you mentioned and if you really wanted to raise the elevation then you can file the front sight down until you get it where you mentioned. I would suggest getting krebs sights. They are a huge improvement over factory.

I just drifted the rear sight over to the left slightly....we'll see what happens next trip to the range...thanks everybody for their input.

Is it hitting point of aim at any other range? If not it sounds like you need to adjust the rear sight.

hers the range report..went out to elk grove and tried the s12 at 30 yds. after i drifted the rear sight to the left. I am now hitting center at point of aim. elevation is a lil low but thats ok. thank you everybody for your help. I like my s12 again..was thinkn bout selling her for a minute. next week i'll be at the 50yd. line again.