i'm unsure what position my flat trunnion bullet guide should be in. this is a pass or fail kind of thing so i'm asking for help. as you can see the bullet guide in the romy rifle extends over the front of the magazine. i have a couple hungarian rifles and it's the same on them. the saiga is a flat trunnion and the dinzag bullet guide sits nearly flush in the trunnion cut out. i did feed a round with the guide just sitting there and it fed but i don't want to drill and tap until i get the thumbs up from some of you guys.

should the guide hang out over the magazine or is the flat trunnion guide made to be flush?

in the instal guide on dinzags site it says to put the flat part of the guide under the barrel but the instal is for a round trunnion bullet guide.

http://www.dinzagarms.com/downloads/bg_install.pdf

with the flat guide pushed inder the barrel as far as it will go as seen in the pic it's not even flush with the back edge fo the trunnion.

so help me out guys. where should the bullet guide sit?

romy

IMG_2512.jpg

saiga

IMG_2514.jpg

saiga with bullet guide

IMG_2515.jpg

Sorry for the dated install instructions. I'll try to get that updated.

Generally you want to push it back until it stops, but some of these flat trunnions have a really deep cut.

Ideally the guide should be positioned where the relief sits under the barrel and the rest of it sits in front of the barrel. As you seen though it will work either way.