Options for Non-Threaded Barrels

So I got my Saiga 7.62mm and I love it so far. I got a Dimpled receiver and stepped bullet chamber, however i do not think i got threaded barrel. What is my option to add a Krinkov style muzzle brake on it?

So far I've added TAPCO Stock set in Dark Earth and UTG quad rail with TAPCO Dark Earth fore grip..Looks awesome and very sturdy. That UTG Quad Rail is not moving anywhere and all the TAPCO parts fit great.

Not sure about the improved clip, but I know I ordered one a while back, and it fit horribly and was not indexed properly. It just looked like a cop out. Like people who bolt on an Intrafuse stock instead of converting. Just do it the right way, either get a threaded FSB or cut the collar and thread the barrel.

Something I've been wondering;

instead of cutting the shroud and threading the barrel 14x1 can you skip that step and thread the shroud 24x1.5? Just curious.

I wouldn't trust it to be strait enough to mount a break on it, but maybe a flash hider. The problem is (if I remember correctly) that it is a cast piece not a machined piece like the barrel. It is really easy to cut the shroud and thread the barrel, then if you want 24mm threads just use an adapter. Or the best method would be to us a 24mm FSB, then you would have the indexing pin.

It's surprisingly easy to swap an FSB, but you will want to read a tutorial and have the right (few) tools.

I would recommend against permanently attaching a brake, because in my opinion, it's annoying when it comes to cleaning.

Edited by nexus

It's surprisingly easy to swap an FSB, but you will want to read a tutorial and have the right (few) tools.

I would recommend against permanently attaching a brake, because in my opinion, it's annoying when it comes to cleaning.

Some people have no option but to permanently attach, due to legal reasons.