What size ACE clamp on Sight

Good luck!

I don't know what model would be correct. I recommend holding out for a straight answer from who ever you order it from on wheather or not it will fit before spending your money. It was like pulling teeth to get an answer on which model was correct for a 7.62x39mm Saiga I was going to use one on.

I bought one and asked how I could tell which one I had recieved cause it looked like it would be deformed if I tightened it down enough to keep it from moving on the gas block. The answer I finally got was something like, they are close enough in size that it shouldn't make a difference. Oh and if the opening on mine is to wide for the gasblock I can shim it.??? For that price it seemed kind of cheesy to shim it rather than get the correct size .

Even Ace took something like seven emails back and forth before they could give me a measurement to check on the one I had to see if it was the correct model for a 7.62x39mm Saiga..

Edited by cscharlie

I am very interested in this as well. I know that in the pic thread there is s308 with one of these, so it can be done. Without somebody getting out some caliphers and measuring....who knows. But my guess is that in the name of mass production the gas tube itself is the same on all the saiga rifles. My guess is the smaller size.

After emailing ACE directly with the same question, I bought the small one several months back. It looks really good on my rifle with the rear sight moved to the dust cover. I used the Blackthorne A2 rear sight / picatinny rail dust cover. The dust cover is not the best place to put a rear sight on an AK. But, if you shim it up front and in the rear it tightens up acceptably. I don't use that picatinny rail for anything though, other than lookin' cool.

Hope that helps folks.

BTW, GV I love that AK that's in your avatar. I saved a copy of it a long time ago.