The Best way to add a AR STOCK?

Im currently doing my conversion, I am wondering that is the best way to add an AR stock. Which gives the best angle? Their are so many diffrent ways to add a stock now of days its all so confusing. Well not confusing but hard to make a decision. I am not apposed to welding either! Help me out!!!

I like the aluminum and poly tubes. We sell them with or without a stock if you already have your own commercial size stock.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-373/Saiga-EMA-M4-Stock/Detail

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-180/Saiga-12-CAA-Collapsible/Detail

post-9063-12662411527922_thumb.jpg

post-9063-12662411624078_thumb.jpg

Carolina SS,

are your stock adapters US made? will they in conjunction with a M4 butt stock add a US 922r compliance? Also, on the poly, does it have a sling connection point?

They look great and I plan to go this way soon.

Frosty

Carolina SS,

are your stock adapters US made? will they in conjunction with a M4 butt stock add a US 922r compliance? Also, on the poly, does it have a sling connection point?

They look great and I plan to go this way soon.

Frosty

The tubes are Israeli and are very secure. The stock is what counts for the 922r part. Not the tube. It is the same as an internal block stock adapter which does not count.

The poly tube has a long sling loop.

The tubes are Israeli and are very secure. The stock is what counts for the 922r part. Not the tube. It is the same as an internal block stock adapter which does not count.

If I've all ready cut the tang, is there still a way to us an AR stock on my S12? I've all ready got a skeleton stock on the adapter block I got from you guys but at some point in the future I'm thinking about changing it out for an AR stock.

It says threaded for a commercial buffer tube, but a Milspec tube will also work. The threads are the same, the only difference is the diameter of the tube past the threads. Just FYI. I like Milspec tubes for better variety of stock options and that is what I always have lying around from AR builds.

If I've all ready cut the tang, is there still a way to us an AR stock on my S12? I've all ready got a skeleton stock on the adapter block I got from you guys but at some point in the future I'm thinking about changing it out for an AR stock.

Here is a stock adaper for the Saiga. You need to remove the tang, but if you have already done that you're ahead of the game. It will accept any AR stock and has attach points for quick disconnect slings on either side.

Doug

post-22191-12662799056695_thumb.jpg

Here is a stock adaper for the Saiga. You need to remove the tang, but if you have already done that you're ahead of the game. It will accept any AR stock and has attach points for quick disconnect slings on either side.

Doug

post-22191-12662799056695_thumb.jpg

Would you guys ever consider making something like this for those of us who already have a welded on back plate?

polymer or aluminum? how strong is the polymer? I want to the put the magpul acs on the saiga. Do I have to wait for the commercial version to come out or can i use the milspec that's already on the market?

The R&R adapter is milled from aluminum bar stock. Since the threads are the same on both the commercial and Milspec versions (only the tube diameter is different) you can use either.

Would you guys ever consider making something like this for those of us who already have a welded on back plate?

Anything is possible, you would have to contact Robert directly at (503) 551-7283.

Doug

polymer or aluminum? how strong is the polymer? I want to the put the magpul acs on the saiga. Do I have to wait for the commercial version to come out or can i use the milspec that's already on the market?

As R&R stated, the threads on buffer tube adapters are the same between milspec and commercial tubes, so if you purchase their adapter you could attach whatever tube your stock required. The aluminum tube sold by CSS is commercial spec, (slightly larger OD than milspec). Some milspec stocks will fit commercial tubes, however the ones that do will invariably require a hammer to fit and will not be adjustable for LOP without another good hammering. Talk about friction retention mechanisms.... Magpul also cautions highly against forcing a milspec stock (such as the released version of the ACS) over a commercial tube. Ive forced a milspec CTR over my commercial tube, and the stock seems to be just fine but to adjust it you must disassemble the retention mech. Magpul has announced a commercial version of the ACS, though all distributors I have spoken with have told me that they are backordered through forever.

Edited by Will486

i got a t-6 from a friend who said he didn't like it, well i didn't either cuz it pinched my face...well i got a 4-pos body and cut a couple inches off the tapco tube and put the smaller car stock on and it works great...now if someone tries to adjust it too far they pull it off, but its a very tight fit.. so i just leave it when i need it for the most part..

Buy the VLTOR AK adapter and mount the MilSpec stock, I did, and I love it.

No receiver mod needed, and it sits directly inline with the barrel.

I had the Tapco T6, it served me just fine, no problems.

I didn't mind the offset angle, it may have imperceptibly increased felt recoil, but not noticeable.

The T6 has a lot of rattle between stock/tube, never bothered me while shooting.

Edited by ChileRelleno

http://www.mississip...tock-p-814.html

maaisaar.jpg

Edited by ChileRelleno

The aluminum CAA tube I have is good and commercial dia. Also has anyone use the ACE folder/adapter that's made as a single unit? It looks like it might put the tube slightly above the barrel line and I was wondering if it has any effect on muzzle lift?

post-1866-12665474274772_thumb.jpg

Edited by 6500rpm