Kross or Chaos tri-rail

I've got a Kross handguard and I like it a lot. Well made, rock solid, very sexy. Goes great with Cobra's heat shield. I had a Surefire railed handguard for awhile too, but with all the money I had put into the gun, I couldn't stand how cheap it looked. The Chaos tri-rails look very well made too, I suppose it comes down to a matter of taste.

I have a chaos extended quad.

It's a nice rail, and looks mean, it also reminds me of the halo but with out the fixed sights.

I also have a russian barrel mounted front sight post, currently I'm working on a low profile rear sight I'm grinding, filing, and dremeling into something that works.

The quad sits just low enough that I should beable to get away with keeping it as long as I keep the rear sight very low.

If not running the top of the chaos rail the only part I don't like about the lower is the side rails stick to far out from the side, I would of liked it to be a little bit thiner, but it looks great.

I upgraded from the surefire to a Chaos tri-Rail. I have no expirience with a kross to be able to say anything for certain there, All I can say is that my Chaos met my expectations.

I might be ditching the krebs sights and going to a extended upper quad in the near future... Gotta love a modular system.

Chaos. You end up with more options down the road.

What do you mean by that?

You buy the tri-rail.

Later you can add either the: standard top rail, HK top rail or extended top rail.

So if I were to buy a quad or extended quad and take the top portion off, it would be the same tri-rail underneath?

Chaos. You end up with more options down the road.

What do you mean by that?

You buy the tri-rail.

Later you can add either the: standard top rail, HK top rail or extended top rail.

So if I were to buy a quad or extended quad and take the top portion off, it would be the same tri-rail underneath?

Minus the side vents that are mainly there for decorative reasons... yes.

Some good conversation going on here and I appreciate all of the compliments on our hand guards. We take much pride in them.

Basically, you can't go wrong with either company. Both Kross and Chaos are top of the line U.S. manufacturers and S12 forum business members here. Both are good choices, it's just a matter of preference:

With the Chaos rail you have the option of adding more rail later on if you choose whereas with Kross we specialize in the tri-rail design, (plenty of rail for a shotgun platform) and feel we have the most aggressive looking and ergonomic tri-rail on the market, not to mention built in upper and lower vents for cooling and hand protection.

Also, if you still want to add an upper rail later on it can and has been done by some of our customers pretty easily as there are several very good products out there just for those occasions.

Zach

Kross LLC

Can you fill in the blanks on the Kross, Surefire, UTG, or DPH Tri Rails-how wide are they from side to side. The Chaos is the only one I own but it's pretty wide with rounded (not ladder) rail covers.

The Chaos comes in at 2.341" or approx 2 3/8" from side to side. We can also go top of side rail to bottom of bottom rail if you like. 1.800" or approx 1 3/4"

Reason I ask is I have a friend looking to start his conversion, I can give him mine to hold but if he would prefer something larger or smaller your measurements would give him that choice. My question is strictly about dimensions, not quality (there are plenty of threads on that aspect).

*edit to add additional rails

Edited by 6500rpm

What about DPH Arms? They also make a nice tri and a quad out of milled aluminum. Very high quality, super tight fit, great looks IMO, and a fair price.

About side vents....more than just cosmetic....yep.