AK 103 Project nearing Completion

eh... it could be better. :lolol::lolol:

haha j/k. thats rockin out with your....

what is the forward hook on the receiver for? i have seen them but am not sure of the purpose. also, is that an izzy folding stock too?

Edited by GregM1
  • Like 1

eh... it could be better. :lolol::lolol:

haha j/k. thats rockin out with your....

what is the forward latch on the receiver for? i have seen them but am not sure of the purpose. also, is that an izzy folding stock too?

locks the side folding stock to the receiver....there is a button on the butt plate to release it

• Like 1

Looking really nice man. And yeah, tell Klassy how much the mag was :lol:

I would bet it was in the range of an arm and a leg and a half. They don't come up often and lots of people want them. I like them but I want some izzy plums in 7.62 and I think those are :dollar: enough.

• Like 1

VERY nice, impressive work. If you don't mind me asking, about how much money has been put into it?

Without the magazine: Under $950

With the magazine: too much.....

:lolol:

Please, do tell :D

I would bet it was in the range of an arm and a leg and a half. They don't come up often and lots of people want them. I like them but I want some izzy plums in 7.62 and I think those are :dollar: enough.

Well this paricular one was $364. About $100 more than I wanted to pay... That being said there are vary few of these stateside (less than 20 I think) so when one poped up price was not an issue. :lolol:

• Like 2

First off, the gun looks great sal.

second a question... how do you release the hook for the folder?

The poly stocks in this pattern have a button. When the button presses it releases the folder. Ill try to get a pic tomorrow for ya.

:smoke:

• Like 1

wow... with the extra Y stamp and that mag! One of the best examples I've seen. Very nice.

Thanks Micah360, your +Y rifle is also excellent. Still, neither one of our builds holds a candle to member Thirtycal's work. That guys stuff is just next-level pure and simple. :super:

Edited by bigsal
  • Like 1

First off, the gun looks great sal.

second a question... how do you release the hook for the folder?

You can see the button in the second picture. On the butt pad a little more than half way down.

Great looking rifle Sal. You sure you dont want to trade your old x39 for that onee? :)

• Like 1

is that a press on lower handguard retainer or the screw on like the one dinzag sells?

It is a standard handguard retainer, not the bolt on type that Dinzag Arms sells.

Great looking rifle Sal. You sure you dont want to trade your old x39 for that onee? :)

The one I traded you is still a great one man, but Im gonna have to pass :smoke:

• Like 2

That is awesome Sal! You have a real treasure there. Oh, and if anyone wants a sling like the one pictured, PM me. I have one that I don't need.

By the way, if anyone can afford a gun with a stock like that, get it. They lock open with ZERO wobble, and they fold great too.

Edited by hogdog
  • Like 1

That is awesome Sal! You have a real treasure there. Oh, and if anyone wants a sling like the one pictured, PM me. I have one that I don't need.

Thanks man! The stag head slings are great heavy duty slings. Who ever buys yours will have made a good purchase! :super:

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Very nice!

I especially love the folding stock.

Thanks man! :super:

Well done Bigsal! That's a beauty, and that mag is killer. Just look at it:

img0770l.jpg

Now that is sweet!

Glad to see you got 'er done. Finishing these projects always feels like an accomplishment - makes shooting them all the more fun.

-Thirtycal

Now that is sweet!

Glad to see you got 'er done. Finishing these projects always feels like an accomplishment - makes shooting them all the more fun.

-Thirtycal

Thanks man! If I had another 800-1200 in funds it would have been better. I'll do a more authentic job with the SGL-31 Im fixing to restore.

:smoke:

Overall, that's a good-lookin rifle. However.... is the chamber "stepped"?

Also... I think yours has some extra holes in the receiver yet, right? Sorry to shit on your parade, but I still prefer my SGL21 to a rifle that started out as a IZ-132 that just happened to have an extra pin stamp in the receiver, but with otherwise "sporter" features.

;)

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 1

Overall, that's a good-lookin rifle. However.... is the chamber "stepped"?

Also... I think yours has some extra holes in the receiver yet, right? Sorry to shit on your parade, but I still prefer my SGL21 to a rifle that started out as a IZ-132 that just happened to have an extra pin stamp in the receiver, but with otherwise "sporter" features.

;)

I would have been all over the 21 for this project if it had the proper "Y" stamp. But fate, and import regulations conspired against me.

^^^ his is a arsenal you idiot

I agree that hes an idiot, but the rifle is a 06 RAA Import that has been modified. Vary few 06 units had the extra 'Y' making them a rare treat to get in my grubby hands.