He-Man division with S12 & s308

I've never seen anyone shoot that combination but more power to you. Problem is the Saiga will put you into Open in most matchs so it makes you more competitive to shoot a high cap pistol and .223 rifle. Since most of us aren't the major winners I say shoot what you want and have fun!

Doug

For me it's all about fun, I have no illusions about winning (I just don't want to come in last). If I had a hi-cap .45 I could be more competitive but all mine are single stack. Lucky for me he-man is only 12ga,308 rifle and .45 handgun so I don't have to compete with the race guns and 20rd .40's. I would love to see some close-ups of that saiga in your avatar, that looks sweet.

For me it's all about fun, I have no illusions about winning (I just don't want to come in last). If I had a hi-cap .45 I could be more competitive but all mine are single stack. Lucky for me he-man is only 12ga,308 rifle and .45 handgun so I don't have to compete with the race guns and 20rd .40's. I would love to see some close-ups of that saiga in your avatar, that looks sweet.

What I ment was that if you shoot a Saiga magazine fed shotgun you will not be able to compete in He-Man/Heavy Metal class in any match that I know of, you will be in Open shooting against the guys with lots of bullets in their pistols (mine holds 29) and .223 rifles with 100 round drums. Here are some examples:

Superstition Mystery Mountain, Mesa, AZ-

6.9.3 Heavy Metal Iron Sight Division - Conventional tubular magazine fed pump shotguns, only, allowed in this division

6.9.4 Heavy Metal Scoped Sight Division - Conventional tubular magazine fed semi-automatic and pump shotguns, only,allowed in this division

Blue Ridge 3 Gun Match, Park City, KY-

6.3.3 Heavy Metal Class

6.3.3.1 Shotguns must comply with Tactical Shotgun rules.

6.3.3.2 Only 12 gauge shotguns are allowed in this class.

6.3.3.3 Only pump actions are allowed in this class

FNUSA Midwest Multi-gun Championships, Fayette, MO -

6.7.2.1 Only PUMP Shotguns are allowed in the HEAVY METAL CLASS all other requirements for shotgun must comply with Tactical Shotgun Rules, except that reduced recoil slugs are prohibited in Heavy Metal.

DPMS Tri-Gun Challenge, St. Cloud, Min. -

6.7.2.1 Only PUMP Shotguns are allowed in the HEAVY METAL CLASS all other requirements for shotgun must comply with Tactical Shotgun Rules, except that reduced recoil slugs are prohibited in Heavy Metal.

Rocky Mountain 3 Gun, Raton, NM -

7. He-Man Class

d. Shotguns in this class must be 12 gauge only, pump action.

I just want you to have a heads up so you aren't surprised when you go to a match and they put you in Open.

Here is a closeup of the gun in my avatar:

post-22191-12664676812044_thumb.jpg

R&R..You are correct sir, I have only shot a couple 3-gun matches and honestly hadn't read the blue book completely. I guess I need to break out the old 870 for the next match to shoot heavy metal. I will still use my S308( which should turn a few head at the local club). Next month we are having our first speed shotgun match and I will be rockin the saiga for that(in open). Your saiga is , well, sweet like candy!! Is the hg tube custom made or can that be purchased from a specific retailer?

I guess if I want to compete in open I will need to build another upper, which is a problem I am happy to have.Since we are talking about competition, what is the best muzzle brake for a S-12? mine is the 109 version.

I think that the R&R Mid Barrel comp is the best, but I'm biased. To have it run most efficiently you would need to have the gas system shortened. The tubular forend is custom made by R&R, you could probably have one made for you but you would need to contact Robert Wright directly at (503) 551-7283 to arrange it.

Doug