lrbho for free??

ok, so i was out shooting the tromix today (19") and decided to do some showing off and was firing it with the stock folded with one hand like a pistol. i fired a round and the bolt stayed in the rear position after the first shot. it seems that the heavy gun with no support hand was kicking in such a way that my trigger finger was hitting the bolt hold open button and holding the bolt back. i tried it a few more times and low and behold... the same result. next i tried firing the weapon normally with both hands while counting the rounds and on the last round i choked up my trigger hand so it was on the hold open button, and POW! the bolt stayed open. to make a long story short, i did this about 12 times and it worked every single time. the only problem i encountered was the bolt getting stuck it the rearward position ONCE. i hit it with my palm and it closed fine. bear in mind this only happened once out of 12 tries and was easily recovered from. does anyone know if this could be beating up the bolt hold open? if it is beating on the bho, could the shape of the bho be modified where it interfaces the bolt to eliminate this glitch. it is also possible that the minor jam was an isolated (maybe even unrelated) incident as it only happened once. it seems to me that the lrbho that is available for purchase must also contact the bolt while it is traveling rearward. (???) does cobra's lrbho utilize the stock bho part or is it a different shape where it makes contact? if it is indeed different, could the stock part be modified to work smoother in this fashion? i would really like to hear what you pro's think about this..... this has me thinking that the bho was placed where it is for a reason......

If your not looking for that effect you can always trim the BHO so you have just as much material as needed.

I usualy push it in, scribe a line and cut everything just short of it.

i dont want to get rid of any material on the button(where it protrudes near the trigger) unless it would enhance the effect i am already getting. i like what is happening here, i just want to see if i can fine tune it so it works identically to the mechanical lrbho (only innitiated by my finger instead of a mechanical part), and need to know if there is anything i can do to eliminate the possibility of damage to the bho or the gun. i would love to see some pics of cobras part next to the stock one to see if the angle is different where the bho contacts the bolt hence reducing the possibility of a jam. i am really excited about this discovery and think it could work flawlessly with little to no modding..... keep the info/opinions coming!!!

It's nothing new.

It's perfectly normal and if you do some searching back in the archives you will find where myself and others have discussed the counting rounds method at great lengths. There's a reason the S-12 BHO is different than all the other Saigas....and there's a reason why they placed the activator button where they did. It also further proves the gun was originally designed to be used with a PG.

Not gonna get into a bunch of technical questions on my LRBHO design and how it works. As soon as the guy who is "storing" my prototype gets things worked out with the machine shop, and gets it back to me to fine tune for production, it will be for sale soon after that. I'll answer any questions people want to ask at that time.

Shannon

• Like 1

I didn't design the gun so I can't answer that question with 100% certainty. I do know that it works however, and I personally believe that is it's purpose in the S-12. The S-12 is the only Saiga that the BHO holds the bolt back far enough in, to clear the chamber. It's also the only one that could really benefit from a LRBHO. Put two and two together.

Like I said, this has been discussed at length in the archives. You don't need to modify anything.

I didn't design the gun so I can't answer that question with 100% certainty. I do know that it works however, and I personally believe that is it's purpose in the S-12. The S-12 is the only Saiga that the BHO holds the bolt back far enough in, to clear the chamber. It's also the only one that could really benefit from a LRBHO. Put two and two together.

Like I said, this has been discussed at length in the archives. You don't need to modify anything.

I just got a new S12 a few weeks ago and am already overwhelmed with all the cool stuff out there. Just a couple quick questions if you don't mind. Will your LRBHO work on an unmodified S12? Will it work when I finally get it modified? Lastly, will it work with with a magwell conversion? I'm gonna do the LRBHO first and it will decide the rest of my conversions! Thanks in advance.

I just got a new S12 a few weeks ago and am already overwhelmed with all the cool stuff out there. Just a couple quick questions if you don't mind. Will your LRBHO work on an unmodified S12? Will it work when I finally get it modified? Lastly, will it work with with a magwell conversion? I'm gonna do the LRBHO first and it will decide the rest of my conversions! Thanks in advance.

Unmodified as in not pistol grip converted? He is still working out the bugs and is kinda busy with personal stuff these days so it's not his main focus. Check out this thread in his section about this and some of your questions will be answered.

It's nothing new.

This.

I started an almost identical thread quite awhile ago. I was quickly informed that I had not discovered anything new. :beaten::bad_smile:

Either way. I do it sometimes, if I happen to be counting rounds (which isn't very often). I always insert my mags on an open-bolt though. So when I go to lock it back, I use my trigger finger then too, to activate the BHO. It's a lot easier than the awkward fumbling I've seen in a few videos on You Tube of people and their S-12's. Push up on the BHO lever with your trigger finger, while tilting the gun to the left, reach over with your left hand, rack the bolt, and now your bolt is locked back. That's how I do it anyways.