great price on new 7.62 saigas..$299.99

That's where I got my rifle.

One thing before you order is that it takes them about three days to ship your rifle. So if this is your first time ordering online it might be a little nerve wrecking.

You do not get an order confirmation if you order over the phone, eventhough you gave them your email address.

If you don't get a tracking number by the third day you call and the item is shipped already.

However they are friendly when you call and will answer all your questions. Once shipped it does get to you fast

another plus is that they only get dimpled saiga's

overall I had a "good" experience with them. It would have been great if I would have got an order confirmation on a rifle but that's my only gripe.

That's where I got my rifle.

One thing before you order is that it takes them about three days to ship your rifle. So if this is your first time ordering online it might be a little nerve wrecking.

You do not get an order confirmation if you order over the phone, eventhough you gave them your email address.

If you don't get a tracking number by the third day you call and the item is shipped already.

However they are friendly when you call and will answer all your questions. Once shipped it does get to you fast

another plus is that they only get dimpled saiga's

overall I had a "good" experience with them. It would have been great if I would have got an order confirmation on a rifle but that's my only gripe.

I had the exact same experience on 2 different purchases. Both times, they claimed they were waiting on my FFL information, which they already had. Once that was straightened out, the rifles arrived quickly. However, it would behoove you to call them and verify the order a day or two after placing it. They don't communicate well, but are very friendly and the products i have received were great.

To keep from having to PM everyone who asks..(I don't mind, but I'll be gone for a while and I want to make sure folks get the info), I'll just post the vendor name without a link for the convenience of our members here. I hope the Mods dont mind, and if this is something I'm not supposed to do, (please let me know, and I'll not do it again).

the place with them on sale is: Centerfiresystems

you can probably figure out a link or look them up from that. They are in Kentucky.

A certain non-sponsor vendor... has Saiga 7.62x39 carbines in their 'winter sale" . $299.99 each for brand new ones...Too bad they dont ship to california...

Man, I just paid $375 out the door for one today. Guess I didn't do as good as I thought. Just curious how much is shipping from there?

A certain non-sponsor vendor... has Saiga 7.62x39 carbines in their 'winter sale" . $299.99 each for brand new ones...Too bad they dont ship to california...

Man, I just paid $375 out the door for one today. Guess I didn't do as good as I thought. Just curious how much is shipping from there?

About $18.50

Mine arrives next week

Mine arrives this week :)

I got mine from Centerfire. It has the dimples, and it also has canted sights.

I called them and they were very courteous, and offered to send a pre-paid shipping box so I could return it. I would still probably have to pay my FFL $25. I also called...I forget his name...the owner of TAC-47 to see how much he would charge to fix it, since we are both in Houston. That would be only $30, so I may just do that.

Is there anything else I should inspect on the gun before I decide to keep it? I don't want to keep a gun with potentially even more problems, but on the other hand, I'm not too sure I want to bother with waiting for a box, waiting for it to go back, and waiting for it to come back. And a new rifle may have the same problems. Argh!

I think I will ask my FFL if he'll waive the second fee, and ask Centerfire if they'll hand pick the new rifle before sending it out. If not, I'm taking it to TAC-47.

I think the moral of the story is: buy from a place that will hand pick your rifle and look at the sights for an extra $10. Classic Arms offers this and so does AIM surplus. Not that they can spot every possible problem, but for a common and easily spotted problem that's fairly common like canted sights, it can't hurt.

BVBM, new Saigas can be sent to Cadiz gun works in Ohio for factory 1yr warranty repairs. Free shipping both ways and no FFL's need to be involved.

That's important to know, thanks! Oh wait, i'm betting they won't work on converted rifles?

Edited by Crsswift70

BVBM, new Saigas can be sent to Cadiz gun works in Ohio for factory 1yr warranty repairs. Free shipping both ways and no FFL's need to be involved.

Hmm well that's good to know. Of course there is still the issue of shipping cost and FFL cost and waiting.

Also I know I can send a rifle directly to a manufacturer or FFL...but I thought the return trip had to go back to an FFL. That's what Centerfire seemed to indicate as well. And its up to your FFL whether he is going to charge you again or not.

Edited by BaronVonBigmeat

Hmm well that's good to know. Of course there is still the issue of shipping cost and FFL cost and waiting.

Also I know I can send a rifle directly to a manufacturer or FFL...but I thought the return trip had to go back to an FFL. That's what Centerfire seemed to indicate as well. And its up to your FFL whether he is going to charge you again or not.

Cadiz Gun Works is a sponsor on here. I suggest calling them.

Everything i've read about warranty work, is free shipping both ways and no middle men (FFL's) are involved.

I suspect the only issue of the 3 you mentioned will be waiting. Patience is a virtue.

That's important to know, thanks! Oh wait, i'm betting they won't work on converted rifles?

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=50389

Check out post #9 and #10, it might pertain to you.

Best bet is too contact them and discuss your specific warranty needs.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • 1 month later...

As few bucks difference in the rifle wont make any difference after you have spent a few thousand on ammo. Dam I wish I had bought a truckload of ammo about 3 years ago when it was common to get it for what we pay for bulk 22LR now.

As few bucks difference in the rifle wont make any difference after you have spent a few thousand on ammo. Dam I wish I had bought a truckload of ammo about 3 years ago when it was common to get it for what we pay for bulk 22LR now.

For real!