So I got bored this weekend and decided to paint my Saiga 7.62x39 ! You can be honest if you think it is a crappy job, I'm not too sure about it yet. I was missing parts to my airbrush so I just used the krylon and homemade stencils. I think it will work well in the dry grasses of Montana.

post-16191-12670392814973_thumb.jpg

post-16191-12670393045787_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks, fellas! I wasn't too sure about it, but I'm used to doing super detailed artwork so I felt over critical of my loose random camo design. I just did what I thought would blend in with the local flora. TXzen said he used a flat clear coat on his so I think that should help with durability. We shall see! I may try another rifle.

I cut shapes out from a sheet of card stock from my printer with an xacto knife. I just held the stencil an inch from the rifle to avoid too many sharp edges on the brown and green. I held it real close after bending it for the lightest color, trying to simulate highlights on dry grass.

• Like 1

I never liked the way that stock looked on rifles, but your paint job camouflages it nicely. :lolol:

Looks really good!

I agree 100 % on the stock!!! Replacement is coming very soon! Good thing I kept my stencils!

Here is a photo from todays test run. The paint stood up to the high temps of several magazine dumps! I was happy with how well the camo blended in with the grass and dirt.

Shot well also. Mostly at the metal gong targets!

post-16191-12674066247993_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I just finished up my rifle today I posted in the 7.62 section your job inspired me to get off my bum and do it. been sitting on the paint and stuff for awhile now. i will post pics of my completed rifle tomorrow. Your job looks great and blends very nicely with the terrain!

Shot well also. Mostly at the metal gong targets!

I'm severely addicted to the sound of rounds hitting steel. PING! PING! PING!.............then when you take a horrible shot, and just nick the side, it sends the round tumbling and you hear "bzzzzzzzzzz". :lolol:

• 13 years later...