MD-20, Saiga-12 Drum Fitting

MD Arms, LTD. wants your opinion....  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather?

• No drum fitting required , but might lock in with more movement.
    • Fit drum to keep a very tight lock up and minimal movement.
  2. 2. Are you an MD-20 owner?

• Yes, I own one (1).
    • Yes, I own more than one (1+).
    • No, but getting one.
    • No, but want one.
    • No, not interested.

It would be very simple and easy for us to modify our molds to make our drum not require fitting.

Currently some guns don't need it and will lock right out of the box, but a lot do need it to lock up. The number of guns that need it seems to have increased a bit since our drums were release 17 months ago.

What do you think? No fitting but might have a little movement in gun... Or fit the drums for a tight fit...

Depending on this poll we might make a quick change to the molds before the drum bodies start running.

Please answer above. Thanks for your insight!!! MikeD

• Like 2
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had to do the A and B fitting with both drums. Though I do like the nice and tight lock-in, a little less adjusting would be nice.   Either way I am sure the drums will be great.

Go for the tight fit, that's what made me so popular in prison!!

keep it as it is. if someone can't follow the detailed instruction written at 5th grade level, they shouldn't be allowed around pointy objects, let alone even own a firearm.

I have had to file several "New" magazines to fit my saigas,(Surefire, Thermold, and AGP) not all of em, but the ones that aren't filed to fit wobble. except the factory ones, and if you look at them, it looks like an ape filed them to fit. Funny thing is my drums fit my buddy's S-12 great and vice a versa,.. along with other mags for x39 and .308, Almost all filed to fit,,.... soooo

keep it the way it is,.. that's my take on it,..worst thing that could happen is some jerk files it wrong/too much and tries to sell it as still good,... has anyone bought a fucked up drum off someone else yet??

• Like 2

I have three and I'm not scared to do a little fitting if it means a better fit. It's not exactly rocket science and you end up with a better product. The only change I would make if I could is to metal lugs, but it's not necessary for a range toy.

5 minutes of fitting>5 years of the wobbles.

Edited by bigj480
  • Like 2

I own 3 smoke drums and am supposed to have a 4th drum on the way (30 day thing after price drop) which I assume will come when the new run is finished. I had to do a lot of fitting, both A and B. I was surprised how much I had to file away because my gun just happens to have a narrow space between the edge of the mag cavity and the release lever BUT I really didn't mind. They are nice and tight and I would hate to have them arrive ready to lock but loose. I imagine they'd be loose in many other guns but I don't care, my drums are staying with me! If you're going to do something, do it right. Custom fitting the drum to each gun was a great idea.

Guns and women... You want it to be nice and tight, no one likes the feeling of throwing a hot dog down a hallway!!

Keep up the good work Mike!!

• Like 2

It would be very simple and easy for us to modify our molds to make our drum not require fitting.

Currently some guns don't need it and will lock right out of the box, but a lot do need it to lock up. The number of guns that need it seems to have increased a bit since our drums were release 17 months ago.

What do you think? No fitting but might have a little movement in gun... Or fit the drums for a tight fit...

Depending on this poll we might make a quick change to the molds before the drum bodies start running.

All 4 of my drums I had to fit,and they came out great and tight. With a 5th on the way,I'll prefer to do it myself.

My alliance armament 30rd drum didn't have to be fitted but there is noticeable damange on the locking towers because it fits too loose.

• Like 2

With the way these guns change from year to year I think business wise you'd be safer leaving your mold as is. This years guns require fitting, but next year they might have a new assembler at the Izmash plant that produces a looser gun.

• Like 2

I agree with everyone above, leave it alone.

reasoning in my case? with added movement in some guns, loaded with heavy payloads and powder, I wouldnt even want to see them pop out or the rear lockup tab break under heavy recoil.

it hasnt been happening right/ so why tempt fate.

• Like 2