MD-20, Saiga-12 Drum Fitting

MD Arms, LTD. wants your opinion....  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather?

• No drum fitting required , but might lock in with more movement.
    • Fit drum to keep a very tight lock up and minimal movement.
  2. 2. Are you an MD-20 owner?

• Yes, I own one (1).
    • Yes, I own more than one (1+).
    • No, but getting one.
    • No, but want one.
    • No, not interested.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had to do the A and B fitting with both drums. Though I do like the nice and tight lock-in, a little less adjusting would be nice.   Either way I am sure the drums will be great.

Go for the tight fit, that's what made me so popular in prison!!

keep it as it is. if someone can't follow the detailed instruction written at 5th grade level, they shouldn't be allowed around pointy objects, let alone even own a firearm.

As others have said, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

My drum required about 2 minutes to fit, ("fitting A" only), and now it fits perfectly, which I really appreciate.

If some dumbasses can't be bothered to go slow and test-fit between doses of the file, that's their own damn fault and the product should not be changed to pander to such carelessness and idiocy.

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 2

two s12s and two drums, neither one needed fitting, at all, and fit nicely, im guessing that means that both shotties were a bit on the large side, but i would be concerned, that if the drums were made for the smallest common denomonator, that shotguns such as mine would seem extremely loose.

• Like 2

Mike; I would like to add that for a newb like me it was a little imtimidating to do the fitting. I did watch the video and read the instuctions but it was still intimidating. Maybe this was because the shape of the fitting lip in the diagram was not as accurate or easy to see as say a photograph might have been. I can tell you spent a lot of time working on the insturctions and that shows...thanks for that. But I was definately relieved and thrilled when my new drum fit perfectly right out of the box. Just my $0.02 though.

• Like 2

Tight fit is always good. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I would rather have to form fit than have it wobble locked in.

Evildog69, if your avatar is a picture of your girlfriend or wife what the hell are you doing playing on the computer?

Mike keep the drums as is, once you do it and know what to expect it is a breeze. Plus don't start appealing to the lowest common denominator, all the rest of us need not suffer with lose drums because a few idiots can't read and follow directions. What I would suggest is having a technical writer produce the directions pamphlet so it is more concise and understandable by those who have no firearms background.

• Like 2

Frankly, the only "alteration" I see the design needing--although I have neither a Saiga nor an MD20 yet--would be to catalog a 3" version right alongside the 2-1/2".

Just a freakin' n00b's opinion.

I think the concensus here is pretty clear: fitting it is better than a lose fit. :super:

About the only change I could see making to it would be a slightly taller tower, so they can be used with magwells. That is, of course assuming the taller tower wouldn't allow the recoil to impart too much torque on it and cause cracking issues.

Corbin

• 3 weeks later...

Just received my drum last week , actually purchased it before I purchased the gun. Mine fit tight out of the box without having to be fittied. I am getting another one and don't mind doing the minimal work required if it comes to it.

• 8 months later...

so far 7.5% say to change it....that isn't convincing enough Mike...I have 2 of those beasts and they BOTH didn't need fitted and they are comfortably tight in both of my S12's. No loose goose at all. Keep on producing..but I do agree with DIAMONDBACK somewhere back I didn't quote and say you should fiugure a way to make them 3" compatable. Otherwise, they are heavenly!