How far does a Saiga 12 eject shells?

Mine throws federal bulk on setting 2 about 2-3 feet. How about yours?

That can vary from gun to gun, depending upon the efficiency with which the system cycles. A tuned ejector, and enhanced action will throw shells farther with the same amount of gas than will a stock bolt and action. Contrary to conventional wisdom, the distance the shell is thrown is not necessarily directly related to how much gas is being vented to the piston.

• Like 2

That really is a pretty broad question.

When we do the warranty work and test fire the S-12s, 2 to 4 ft ejection of the Fed bulk pack loads indicates that the weapon is running correctly and has the correct amount of gas flow on Setting #2.

• Like 2

When I fired my S12 for the first time ever, I was using Federal bulk-pack birdshot. They literally dribbled out of the gun, just barely.

After putting some buck through it (still haven't tried slugs yet :beaten: ) and putting more rounds through it in general, it spits them out just fine now.

That can vary from gun to gun, depending upon the efficiency with which the system cycles. A tuned ejector, and enhanced action will throw shells farther with the same amount of gas than will a stock bolt and action. Contrary to conventional wisdom, the distance the shell is thrown is not necessarily directly related to how much gas is being vented to the piston.

+1

If you know what you are doing you can take a gun that barely dribbles them out, or not at all...do some work on the internals, and it'll throw them 6 to ten feet or more.

It also makes a hell of a difference to put a full choke on the gun.

BTW this is my S-12 Bullpup firing federal bulk pack ammo....

• Like 1

+1

If you know what you are doing you can take a gun that barely dribbles them out, or not at all...do some work on the internals, and it'll throw them 6 to ten feet or more.

It also makes a hell of a difference to put a full choke on the gun

BTW this is my S-12 Bullpup firing federal bulk pack ammo....

Nice! Bumpfiring Federal bulk pack is tough to do period... But, bumping Federal bulk pack from the shoulder requires a gun that's tuned like a swiss watch, AND some real skill at shooting it! Very nice bullpup build, and great technique Cobra!

Mine ejects all the way to the ground. :rolleyes:

Got a Gunfixer plug in it. 4 holer with reduced mainspring and recoil spring. It ejects Federal bulk ammo about 4 feet on setting 2. Maybe 6 or 8 feet on setting 3. Just installed a twister puck, so I'm not sure how/if that'll change anything.

For heavier rounds, I tend to replace the recoil spring with the stock one. Then Win 00 buck on setting 1 will only eject about 4 feet. Bumping it up to 2 sends them flying. Haven't tried 00 buck on setting 3. I shoot slugs in a similar setting as 00 buck.

Only shot 3" slugs in one mag. Even with setting 1, they flew several feet.

Corbin

If I use 3" magnums, they fly far enough to tap the guy at the bench next to me. He wasn't a happy camper. It was either that or the fact that he set up his targets about 50 yards behind mine. He was shooting his little AR and returned with a target full of big holes. I told him his target was in my lane. :rolleyes: Anyhow, my s-12 seems to eject pretty far, and the bolt comes back with a vengeance, even on setting 1. Trying a gunfixer to slow it down a bit and one of those twister pucks to help vent the excess gas. I'm hoping that should save on the bolt, trunnion, and protect the guy on the bench to my right.