Saiga .308 Strategic

Finally found someone to help me finish this long standing project. His name is Mike Patterson, one helluva nice guy and excellant self taught gunsmith. Mike cut the barrel to 21" and put an 11 degree crown on it, Mounted the rail to the dustcover, tightened up the front of the dustcover, tigged up the rear sight block, slotted the MAA receiver block for the lug in the ACE ltd. folding mechanisim, tigged together the Galil micro style charging handle I fabricated and mounted it to the bolt carrier and mounted the Galil muzzle brake. I am currently working on a removable front sight I can store in my pistol grip. Some specs; Tapco G2 FCG, FCG pin plate, CAA pistol grip and "stand", Magpul PRS buttstock, Ace Ltd.folding stock mechanisim, Harris bipod, Unknown manufacture Israeli military contract mildot scope, A.R.M.S. throw lever scope rings, Galil .308 sniper rifle muzzle brake and Galil magazine release. I hope you like this rifle as much as I do. Thanks for looking. Here is the hyperlink to about 24 pics of details on photobucket. http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c70/2450paul/Saiga%20308%20Custom%20Tactical/

post-2332-12671443243204_thumb.jpg

post-2332-12671443585112_thumb.jpg

That is one sexy beast! I have wanted to put the MagPul PSS on my 308 for a while now, just dont have the funds :ded: I have also been throwing around the idea of removing my FSB for a muzzle attachment and replacing the gas block with a krebbs FSB/gas block combo(in case of optic failure). Seeing your rifle makes me want to do these things even more now :super: Let us know how she shoots. Also, what kind of break is that?

That is one sexy beast! I have wanted to put the MagPul PSS on my 308 for a while now, just dont have the funds :ded: I have also been throwing around the idea of removing my FSB for a muzzle attachment and replacing the gas block with a krebbs FSB/gas block combo(in case of optic failure). Seeing your rifle makes me want to do these things even more now :super: Let us know how she shoots. Also, what kind of break is that?

The muzzle brake is the same brake used on the Galil sniper rifle refered to by the Israeli Defense Forces as the Galatz see pic

post-2332-12672534382764_thumb.gif

• 3 months later...

Update! Rethought the rifle a little and wanted some back-up sights. I took it back to Mike Patterson. Here's the link to pics: http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c70/2450paul/Saiga%20308%20Custom%20Tactical/ be sure and zoom in on the bottom rear of the dustcover and check out Mike's method of doing a ROCK SOLID return to zero attachment. This guy is really GOOD!He removed the rivets, tapped the holes and tigged ears on the dustcover. Don't be surprised Mike if you start something with this idea! I Put some Mag Pul MBUS on her. I took her to the range at TAC PRO, Mingus,Texas. Preliminary sight in with Wolf .308 and then did three 3 shot groups with Federal Premium Matchking 168gr. BTHP. The largest was 1 1/4 center to center. The smallest was 1 1/16 C2C. I think with a Power Custom adjustable trigger group it would shoot under one inch at 100 yds. The Tapco FCG leaves something to be desired for precision work. I ended up with $1585 in parts and Mike's fees not counting the initial time involved with the conversion I did from "Sporter" to pistol grip configuration. Anyway thanks for looking. Paul

Edited by 2450paul