I started playing PS3 on line a few weeks ago. I must say, I should have started years ago. It is awesome. However, I find the mindless, vulgar, cussing for the sake of cussing, chanting, singing, mumbling, chip eating, blabber of some people who use head sets with microphones to be much more than I care to listen to.

Being able to hear the content of the game, (foot steps, aircraft, other gun fire, etc.) is necessary. However, is there a way to mute the impute of people using a microphone, yet still be able to listen to the audio content of the game?

Thanks,

WJ

Edited by WarriorJudge

Thanks bigcec1, I will give that a try.

I actually find gaming to be very relaxing -- except of course when those 12 year olds kill me off in seconds!

Remember, I have teenagers. The only way to get peace and quiet with teenagers is to: A. bribe them; B. muzzle them; or C. Do something they can relate to. They do not like to be bothered when they are gaming, so they typically leave me alone when I am playing video games :)

I actually find gaming to be very relaxing -- except of course when those 12 year olds kill me off in seconds!

Remember, I have teenagers. The only way to get peace and quiet with teenagers is to: A. bribe them; B. muzzle them; or C. Do something they can relate to. They do not like to be bothered when they are gaming, so they typically leave me alone when I am playing video games :)

Just pullin' your leg WJ. I can relate to the teenage thing.

Just figured a gentleman of your credentials would be hand loading or fly tying is his spare time. rolleyes.gif

Like bigcec said, you can mute them while you're in lobby. Also, when you're in-game, you can hit Select, which brings up the scores. Then just scroll down to whoever is annoying you can hit X. It will mute them. I hear all the BS is way worse on XBOX, because they all come with a headset so every single person has one.

PS3 is terrible but sadly, it gets much, much worse on xbox live.

I've never tried PS3, but my 360 gets so profane, it would make Samuel L. Jackson cringe! If you want a good laugh, check this out:

It's guys screwing with ventrilum users-the pc audio gaming feature. There's a bunch of 'em, but this is my favorite. Remember, if all else fails try: up, down, up, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start. They call me AH YUGEN because I'm down, right, fierce! You old school gamers will get that.