308 trigger?

Has anyone decided to live with the stock trigger, or does evryone convert? I have converted two Saigas (a 7.62x 39 and a 223A). the FCG doesn't bother me, but my 308 does not have a PG hole. I am sure I can do this also, but I'm not sure I want to go to the trouble. My 308 has the factory dragunov stock, which I like pretty well, but I don't know if I can live with the looooong, funky trigger pull.

I am sure I will eventually convert, but I would like to hold off for awhile.

Please give me advice!

I left one unconverted for a few weeks taking it to the range about six times. While Ive seen worse triggers it was not acceptable to me groups were just so inconsistent. In a pinch it does the job so if you are happy don't worry about it since you already know the benefits of converting. One thing I will say the stock fcg is more complex and counter to the AK idea of reliability.

I have a .223 and a .308 . I didn't like either trigger but I felt the .308 was far worse. For me the conversion was the only way to go. The PG hole is no sweat and the end result is so much better. I would never have used the.308 without it and now I am so pleased with it I usually carry it with me every day. ( Lots of hogs and coyotes to impress)

I purchased a new triggerguard from Dinzag and placed it where it would sit behind the mag release. I then put my pistol grip in place behind the trigger guard and marked the the center of the pg hole. I placed the pg nut on that mark and slowly used a Dremel with a cutoff wheel to make a hole that would accept the pg nut. Not very scientific but it worked very well. I hope I was more clear than mud! I'll bet someone out there has a better way but I had good results. I'm not good at explaining things but if you just put the hardware where it will be mounted,you can make a pretty good template. Its not as bad as it sounds.

I buffed the contact points on both my rifles. .308 carbine and the other is the hunting version. Both triggers had differnt pulls from the factory. The long barrelled rifle did not take much work and the trigger is very light now, 2.5 lbs. I actually had to do some filing on the carbine, but i wanted a heavier trigger on that one anyway. I really don't like the reach to the trigger on the carbine (I installed a Tapco retractable with pistol grip). I may file it to get the grip closer.

I decided I couldn't live with the factory trigger and started the conversion today. I got the guts pulled and cut in the PG hole. Kind of a pain, but I got it in OK.

I ordered parts from Dinzag. I painted it with Alumahide 11.

Now it is a waiting game. Thanks for all of the advice and comments.

I decided I couldn't live with the factory trigger and started the conversion today. I got the guts pulled and cut in the PG hole. Kind of a pain, but I got it in OK.

I ordered parts from Dinzag. I painted it with Alumahide 11.

Now it is a waiting game. Thanks for all of the advice and comments.

Wow! You ain't one to sit around! Great deal! You will be pleased that you didn't hold on to that old trigger. It took so long for me to pull that thing that I flinched two or three times before it fired.

Hello

Personally, I think the Red Star Arms ("RSA") two-stage VEPR model drop-in trigger just plain rocks in the .308's. Fully adjustable, be sure to LocTite if you adjust anything.

JMHO,

guido

• 2 weeks later...

I put the FCG in last night.

I used Dinzag's. A little pricey, but I must say it is worth it. Fully modified for the 308. No fitting required.

Awesome, Dinzag!I am very pleased with the conversion. The original trigger was pretty pitiful.