I searched and didnt find it listed here, but apparently there is a new semi-auto clip fed 12 gauge coming.

New shotgun news page 97 is an ad from American tactical solutions touting their new AT-12. Its an AR-15 12 gauge. detachable carry handle, 20" barrel, comes in black or what looks like mossy cammo. Shoots 2.75 or 3" shells. For $699.95 it comes with 2 5 round mags (one for each length shell) The website My link doesnt have it listed yet but nice to see someone noticed those of us who like this stuff. It wont replace my saiga-12 (nothing will) but it might take up a spot next to it in my safe.

I searched and didnt find it listed here, but apparently there is a new semi-auto clip fed 12 gauge coming.

New shotgun news page 97 is an ad from American tactical solutions touting their new AT-12. Its an AR-15 12 gauge. detachable carry handle, 20" barrel, comes in black or what looks like mossy cammo. Shoots 2.75 or 3" shells. For $699.95 it comes with 2 5 round mags (one for each length shell) The website My link doesnt have it listed yet but nice to see someone noticed those of us who like this stuff. It wont replace my saiga-12 (nothing will) but it might take up a spot next to it in my safe.

Daewoo's USAS 12 is an AR based shotgun. The Turks are building one too. The AA12 started out that way but went to an AK type gas piston system, and apparently shares some DNA with the USAS 12.

If the shotgun mentioned above works well $699.95 sounds like a hell of a deal, especially for die hard AR types.

As much as I prefer AR ergonomics to the AK (don't kill me :ph34r: ), I'll have to stick with the good ol' S12 for my semi-auto/mag fed shotgun needs.

...........and there's something about the conversation that arises from someone asking what it (the S12) is, that makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

"What'cha got there?"

"It's a 12ga AK........yes, I said a 12 friggin' gauge friggin' AK! :devil: "

Saying the same thing with AR instead of AK doesn't sound evil enough. :angel:

Don't hold your breath for it's release.

LMAO at your avatar. :lolol:

This might be it. Here are two links. The second links has highly detailed pictures.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2010/02/12/atis-new-12-gauge-ar-15-patterned-shotgun/

http://www.tabancatufek.com/forum2/showthread.php?tid=1447

Looks pretty good. Probably can't do to much to the stock, the way it is made. Unless it is covering metal on the receiver then AR optional buttstocks might be usable. But make some hi cap mags and drums and this could be fun. :killer:

Who knows if this thing is reliable, maybe some Saiga 12 vendors may have another shotgun to mod and have us buy more of their products. :lolol:

Hmm, I see the gas piston is on the bottom. That would mean it almost has to work via action bars like just about any other auto loader. Looks like they shoved an old semi-auto into an AR shell and added a box mag in place of the tube. Maybe I'm wrong but, that one at least, doesn't impress me.

Hmm, I see the gas piston is on the bottom. That would mean it almost has to work via action bars like just about any other auto loader. Looks like they shoved an old semi-auto into an AR shell and added a box mag in place of the tube. Maybe I'm wrong but, that one at least, doesn't impress me.

Unless I miss my guess, this is the Turkish gun they will be importing, and not the Korean Daewoo USAS 12 which is banned for general sale within the US. I know nothing about Turkish AR's or Turkish QC. If they are imported, we will learn soon enough.

This might be it. Here are two links. The second links has highly detailed pictures.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2010/02/12/atis-new-12-gauge-ar-15-patterned-shotgun/

http://www.tabancatufek.com/forum2/showthread.php?tid=1447

Looks pretty good. Probably can't do to much to the stock, the way it is made. Unless it is covering metal on the receiver then AR optional buttstocks might be usable. But make some hi cap mags and drums and this could be fun. :killer:

Who knows if this thing is reliable, maybe some Saiga 12 vendors may have another shotgun to mod and have us buy more of their products. :lolol:

Thats the one that was in the AT-12 add. the ad didnt show the stock and after seeing it, Id be less inclined to buy it unless I could have a few stock options. If S-12s are indeed getting cheaper, Id prob add another of those instead.

100122_046web.jpg

I posted this pic here last month, Found it on a AR site.

Is it me or is the front sight on the black one backwards? Didn't they catch this in the factory QC before it went to shipping?

I'll just stick with my S-12 and S-20 for the money I paid for both, I'll just get another Saiga.

nyclu3

I would be lying if i said i wasn't interested in the idea of a american made mag fed semi 12 ga.

I agree in that I'd love a US made mag fed/semi-auto shotty, but this isn't "doing it" for me.

Mike, make a complete US made Saiga.....NOW! :super:

100122_046web.jpg

I posted this pic here last month, Found it on a AR site.

Is it me or is the front sight on the black one backwards? Didn't they catch this in the factory QC before it went to shipping?

I'll just stick with my S-12 and S-20 for the money I paid for both, I'll just get another Saiga.

nyclu3

It's definitely on backwards. Not that it's going to effect anything though, but it sure looks goofy, IMO.

It's common practice with the LMT detachable front sight, which has a huge knob on the side. It interferes with some people's grip who have their support WAY out front, and the knob was in the way of their thumb, so they flip the sight to avoid it.

I would be lying if i said i wasn't interested in the idea of a american made mag fed semi 12 ga.

I agree in that I'd love a US made mag fed/semi-auto shotty, but this isn't "doing it" for me.

I agree, I don't know if AR styling should be maintained with something like this. The reciever juting foward befor the handguard looks like that movie prop that was a milled AK made to look like a AR. The Front handguard is obviously offset of the barrel to cover the gas system under the barrel. The carry handle looks longer, and the buttstock looks like its very much fixed.

In short, It looks unbalanced.

I do like that the charging handle is on the side rather than the normal position for ARs.

I think they need to scrap the AR styling and allow for a more modular design with the buttstock, Flat-top the upper, and make a different front handguard.

I agree, I don't know if AR styling should be maintained with something like this. The reciever juting foward befor the handguard looks like that movie prop that was a milled AK made to look like a AR. The Front handguard is obviously offset of the barrel to cover the gas system under the barrel. The carry handle looks longer, and the buttstock looks like its very much fixed.

In short, It looks unbalanced.

I do like that the charging handle is on the side rather than the normal position for ARs.

I think they need to scrap the AR styling and allow for a more modular design with the buttstock, Flat-top the upper, and make a different front handguard.

I agree with all of that.

As for the side-charging handle.............the more and more of them I see on Saigas here..........the more I want one! I just may have to splurge and get at least my S12 and one of my x39's done up like that.

Talked to the CMMG folks at SHOT...they are not doing the 12 gauge project. Oddly enough, their DPMS pattern 308 lower (for G3 magazines) is the perfect size for a "drop free" cut Saiga mag. Interesting.

Looking at the gun "exploded" in this thread...does anyone else look at the innards and think "Brolin Arms"?

Alex

Talked to the CMMG folks at SHOT...they are not doing the 12 gauge project. Oddly enough, their DPMS pattern 308 lower (for G3 magazines) is the perfect size for a "drop free" cut Saiga mag. Interesting.

Looking at the gun "exploded" in this thread...does anyone else look at the innards and think "Brolin Arms"?

Alex

That isn't very good news. Didi they tell you the reason why? The shotties posted looked very well done, except for maybe the swapping of buttstocks deal for some. Even at that, it would be a very nice addition to the collection. I would have to think that there would be quite a bit of interest. What did you mean by the "Brolin Arms" comment - good or bad? just curious. They certianly have the look down, and I think that would help to be a major selling point. Many AR owners would want a matching shotgun. They DO look bad ass. The comment on the S-12/AK-47 shotgun was on target though. Most people not into guns know what an AK-47 is, and the first thing they ask, is "IS that LEGAL?" esp when you tell/show them the 20 rd drum. (thanks MD ARMS for all your hard work! It IS appreciated!)

CMMG's other product lines are selling well, and why blow all the R&D on something that may get a "DD" rating (and leave you with a ton of unmovable product)?

Brolin imported a mag fed shotgun with a gas sytem and bolt system that looks very similar to the gun in this thread. I know Tony experimented with 'em a bit, and Fred and I did as well. Pretty cool, but not quite right (compared to a Saiga). In AR configuration, though :D

A

• 1 month later...

Went to the AKDAL website : http://www.akdalarms.com/mka.html. The Turks have a history of gun manufacturing.

Let's just assume all the good points of the AR-15 are found on this. Safety selector, mag release, LRBHO, bolt release, ergonomics, etc. I personally love my AR and view the AK as the preferred weapon of our dead enemies. But as an enthusiast, an AK of some sort needed to be in my collection. I went with the S12. As of now I have an unconverted, unfired, potential money pit in my gun cabinet. Bypassed all the ready to shoot, properly configured AK-47's! But I digress.

My concerns are 922r compliance. Hi-cap mags would be a necessity for me to buy it. I'm sure the the guys that make all the S12 mags could whip one up in a hurry. The lag time in making the compliant parts would be quite long, I would think. I read somewhere it won't be for sale until July.

Let's assume 6 parts would need to be exchanged. Assuming this thing is 100% foreign. Magazine- 3 parts. The rest are just a guess. Should have gone to the 922r section first. But you get the idea. Gas piston- 1 part. Forearm- 1 part. Maybe FCG parts. The R&D for a new product would be high with the lingering question of future import restrictions.

If the AT-12 could be made legal quickly and easily with hi-cap mags without cutting, welding, drilling, tapping, etc. I would get one in a heart beat. The S12 would be sold and I would get an AK in 7.62x39.

IMHO!

Edited by leadsled