Just got a new Saiga .223 rifle

First of all, I just got this rifle and absolutely love it, but I was wondering if these rifles are just as reliable and durable as their forfathers.

Also, I'm want to attach a UTG 5th gen quick detachable side mount and was wondering if these mounts are quality and they truely retain zero, even with detaching it on and off and firing. I plan on mounting an EOTech holographic on the mount. Thanks in advance guys!

First of all, I just got this rifle and absolutely love it, but I was wondering if these rifles are just as reliable and durable as their forfathers.

Also, I'm want to attach a UTG 5th gen quick detachable side mount and was wondering if these mounts are quality and they truely retain zero, even with detaching it on and off and firing. I plan on mounting an EOTech holographic on the mount. Thanks in advance guys!

congrats :super: and welcome

Edited by 55645

Welcome to the site and kudos for your wise choice of the .223 Saiga. It is indeed as reliable as its forbears since it is very little changed from the original design.

Take some free advice for what it's worth. Before you spend $400+ for an EOTech scope, spend $150-200 and do a conversion. I personally don't see the point in buying a premier scope and coupling it with the crappy trigger that the stock Saiga comes with. We don't know what state you live in but if it is legal, think about the conversion first.

Congrats on your new 223/5.56 it will serve you well. I suggest having a regional law compliant conversion done. This improves everything. Then go spend like a mad man on all the Eotech and tacticool stuff you can legally do. These are built with the same reliability as all the AK's that come from Izmash...so go read the site a little bit and you are ready to roll. Be sure to check out all the Saiga 12 site vendors for parts, they are all awesome.

Edited by DJ Big Dog

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I have done a bit of reading on this forum, and have ordered the conversion parts from dinzag, and also a raddlock magazine lock. I live in California. Now I just realized how I'm am I going to reload when I go shooting. :( in califonia, if we have a pistol grip on our rifles, we are not allowed to detach our magazine at all.

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I have done a bit of reading on this forum, and have ordered the conversion parts from dinzag, and also a raddlock magazine lock. I live in California. Now I just realized how I'm am I going to reload when I go shooting. :( in califonia, if we have a pistol grip on our rifles, we are not allowed to detach our magazine at all.

That is some crazy law..

That is some crazy law..

Crazy law...yes...but you can reload! the law says that the magazine is considered "fixed" if it takes a tool to remove it...and the law specifies that the tip of a bullet or cartridge is considered a tool. I take mine to a local range and no one raises an eyebrow...and I am in No. California! enjoy the conversion, the trigger and balance improvement is amazing!