Saigas are getting cheaper!

Was at the Houston gun show today and there were several tables selling new Saiga 12s for $449.00. I want another but my current AR addiction and the chance to shoot Raoul_Duke's Tromix 8" has really got me thinking I need to get my trust going to so I can buy an SBS Tromix S17 in the 10 or 12" model. With the limbsaver that 8" was easier to shoot than my 19" but god it made a hell of a big boom, not to mention that it sprayed lead at targets on either side of our lane. The trigger on the S17 was one of the best things about the gun, you could double tap with ease and had the range allowed it you could dump a whole mag lightning fast.

• Like 1

On another note, one of the vendors at the show was asking $260.00 for an MD Arms drum. Had the guy looking at the drum been serious about buying it I would have intervened, but he put it down after he heard the price. It seemed all the guns were priced well but everything else was a little high IMO.

what is the difference between a trust and just getting your regular atf stamp?

I am getting in over my head here but, setting up a trust or corporation will allow you to get tax stamps for all class controlled weapons.

There is no difference in the stamp itself. Its the same what ever way you do it.

Some people, like me, have to make a trust or a LLC company because they can't get a law enforcement signature. A signature is not required to get a stamp when you use a trust or LLC company.

Edited by Racer 27

Hi NinerRider! I've got a 12" too. You can shoot that next time if you want to . . .

As far as Title II, I went the trust route because once it's set up, it's simply a matter of filling out the proper paper work, sending it in with a check and then waiting on the ATF. No sending in pictures, finger prints or asking for permission from any local LEO. If I want it, I get it. It's just that simple.

There is no difference in the stamp itself. Its the same what ever way you do it.

Some people, like me, have to make a trust or a LLC company because they can't get a law enforcement signature. A signature is not required to get a stamp when you use a trust or LLC company.

That's it, I knew someone would have a better explanation than I could come up with. Here in Harris County law enforcement will not sign off on any such weapons, so the trust or LLC s the only route to go.

Hi NinerRider! I've got a 12" too. You can shoot that next time if you want to . . .

As far as Title II, I went the trust route because once it's set up, it's simply a matter of filling out the proper paper work, sending it in with a check and then waiting on the ATF. No sending in pictures, finger prints or asking for permission from any local LEO. If I want it, I get it. It's just that simple.

Hell yeah I want to shoot it! I still can't get over how easy it was to double tap that 8". Don't know if you saw my other thread but opening the ports was only somewhat effective, I went ahead and ground down the bolt like your 8" from memory. It hand cycles a lot easier but who knows if that will translate into a working gun.

Hell yeah I want to shoot it! I still can't get over how easy it was to double tap that 8". Don't know if you saw my other thread but opening the ports was only somewhat effective, I went ahead and ground down the bolt like your 8" from memory. It hand cycles a lot easier but who knows if that will translate into a working gun.

:lol: Yeah, I thought you might want to! I'll bring it next time we meet up. And yeah, I saw your other thread just now. Since it hand cycles smoother with the bolt modification, it seems logical to me it will help with function. I would bet it will. Let us know.

:lol: Yeah, I thought you might want to! I'll bring it next time we meet up. And yeah, I saw your other thread just now. Since it hand cycles smoother with the bolt modification, it seems logical to me it will help with function. I would bet it will. Let us know.

Something has gotta help!

Are NFA items in a trust locked into the state in which the trust is founded? I have 0 experience dealing with NFA but I've heard that through the rumor mill.

Are NFA items in a trust locked into the state in which the trust is founded? I have 0 experience dealing with NFA but I've heard that through the rumor mill.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the only thing required is a letter (or call?) to the ATF letting them know where you're headed. We have an NFA section here. Some good info in there, and we have lots of guys here with NFA goodies and knowledge. They'll be able to answer this.