Trigger Not Resetting

It sounds as if the trigger spring arm on the right is slipping off the trigger but as an advanced member I am sure you have thought about that already. My buddy's gun does the same thing when the spring falls off, it will reset when hand cycled but fails to do so when shooting.

• Like 1

The trigger on my converted S12 resets when I hand cycle it, but doesn't reset when I fire it. It feeds and ejects just fine. Any thoughts on the issue and or a fix? Thanks in advance for any help.

I apologize if this is a frequently asked question. I searched before posting.

First check to see that the hammer is not installed backward (a common error). Next check to see that you have installed the disconnector spring.

Good luck!

• Like 1

The trigger on my converted S12 resets when I hand cycle it, but doesn't reset when I fire it. It feeds and ejects just fine. Any thoughts on the issue and or a fix? Thanks in advance for any help.

This may have nothing to do with your reset issue. My S12 was a DIY conversion when I got it. I was hand cycling it and noticed that the trigger had a lot of play in it when moved from side to side. Upon closer inspection I noticed that the sleeve that holds the disconnector in the trigger had slid out to one side. The side of the trigger that the "hook" is on had an extreme amount of up and down movement because of the absence of the sleeve on that side. This could possibly create an issue with the trigger not grabbing the hammer when it comes back to reset. I had to take the trigger out and "stake" the sides of the sleeve so it wouldn't slide around anymore. I had only fired 17 rounds before I noticed this. It hadn't worked it's way all the way over to the right side of the reciever yet and the weapon was still functioning fine. You can check this by looking at the trigger from the inside and wiggling the exposed part of the trigger from side to side. This may not be the problem with your gun, but it would be easy to fix if it is. Good luck and let us know what you find.

BTW Who did the conversion? Has it ever been sent to Alliance Armament for "reliability service? Has any material been removed from the bolt carrier or any other internal parts?

Edited by evlblkwpnz

I had the same problem when I finished my conversion. My problem was the trigger spring and you should be able to notice this just by looking. I posted and got the help I needed. I had to twist the rt side spring clockwise to get it to set nicely. I am a little slow on how to add that link here. So, I will just tell you how I found it. I posted on Jan 3 2010 and the title to my post was My baby is sick. I searched that title and my posting was on page 8. I also put a pic of my problem so you will be able to compare and see if yours is the same. Good luck.

• Like 1

The term reset can be a touch vague, as there are multiple steps to the "resetting"

If it's the whole FCG failing to reset (hammer not cocked back & resting against the firing pin after firing) check the hammer & disconnecter.

If the trigger will "reset" by simply pushing the trigger forward (hammer is engaged in disconnecter), then it's the right side of the mainspring "walking" off toward the center of the gun usually.

If this were the issue, the end of the spring leg would not be resting properly (like the left side is) & because the very end of the right side of the mainspring is not on the trigger leg, it won't have enough leverage to push the trigger forward & disengage the hammer from the disconnecter and into the trigger hook(s).

To remedy this issue, bend the right side of the mainspring outward toward the receiver so as to keep the end of the mainspring seated & the problem will be solved.

• Like 1

Mine did the same thing, it wound up being the trigger was actually interfering with the base plate.

All I had to do was file a little off where the trigger actually came out of the bottom of the receiver. My trigger was hitting in the front of the hole.

Mine also would work fine while hand cycling, but wouldn't reset when fired. I actually had one of my conversions where all I had to do was push the trigger back into firing position a few times and the problem resolved itself without filing.

Of course I "adjusted it" properly with a file when I got home.

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I got it figured out!

Yeah, come on!

What was it?

Posting answers to these questions is like a raffle... We all wait to see who won. :D

Edited by Paulyski
  • Like 1

I had the same problem when I finished my conversion. My problem was the trigger spring and you should be able to notice this just by looking. I posted and got the help I needed. I had to twist the rt side spring clockwise to get it to set nicely. I am a little slow on how to add that link here. So, I will just tell you how I found it. I posted on Jan 3 2010 and the title to my post was My baby is sick. I searched that title and my posting was on page 8. I also put a pic of my problem so you will be able to compare and see if yours is the same. Good luck.

You could just go to your profile & check your topics...

It's the first post that pops up when I did.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=48770&st=0&p=452761&fromsearch=1entry452761

• 5 months later...

Mine did the same thing, it wound up being the trigger was actually interfering with the base plate.

All I had to do was file a little off where the trigger actually came out of the bottom of the receiver. My trigger was hitting in the front of the hole.

Mine also would work fine while hand cycling, but wouldn't reset when fired. I actually had one of my conversions where all I had to do was push the trigger back into firing position a few times and the problem resolved itself without filing.

Of course I "adjusted it" properly with a file when I got home.

• 1 year later...

I have a brand new saiga 12. No modifications. I have only put 100 rounds through it. It was working fine, with the occasional stove pipe which I attributed to the recoil spring needing to bread in. After 100 rounds the trigger does not seem to be resetting. The round chambers ok but trigger will release the pin. If I pinch back the bolt slightly, it will fire. Any suggestion? Does this gun need to go back to the dealer? Thanks