i picked up 3 20 rounders from sportsmans guide, they don'r say usa on them anywhere, so save your sales recipt if you are using them as us parts.

The followers on two of the mags act as a bolt stop, for some reason the other mag dosen't. the follower on said mag also hangs inside the mag body when there are 5-6 rounds left.

the saiga mags are more reliable, but you get what you pay for $100+ vs 3 for $20

I really wish the was a company maging synthetic mags in the us

i picked up 3 20 rounders from sportsmans guide, they don'r say usa on them anywhere, so save your sales recipt if you are using them as us parts.

The followers on two of the mags act as a bolt stop, for some reason the other mag dosen't. the follower on said mag also hangs inside the mag body when there are 5-6 rounds left.

the saiga mags are more reliable, but you get what you pay for $100+ vs 3 for $20

I really wish the was a company maging synthetic mags in the us

About what I expected...kinda lame.

lollygagger :unsure:

• 1 month later...

ProMag makes magazines for the AK in the US. I spoke with their engineer and asked him to make magazines for the Saiga and told him what the differences with the Saiga compared to the AK magazines. He said he'll have to buy a Saiga magazine to compare the two. I told him that they can easily modify one of the mold cavities for the Saiga rifle. ProMag has good quality magazines which work as well as factory mags in other guns I have.

I don't know what quality Sportsmen's Guide magazines have but they are NOT marked US.

:osama::killer:

:sadam::killer:

Die terrorist scum!!

• 2 weeks later...

I bought 3 of the Sportsman Guide AK mags and they are flimsy! Not as wide at the top where the feed lips are so they wiggle in the mag well, the latch on the back is not a solid piece and will break when filing down to fit (ask me how I know) and the followers are plastic. For my money all I really got was 3 floorplates, 3 springs and a bad taste in my mouth. I will only buy Bulgarian/Romanian/EastGerman from now on and replace the innards with Blackjack BHO followers....which work great! I've already won the parts game on the rifle itself so I feel ok in doing this. :blues:

My advise .....stay away from SG when buying no name mags.....their ammo prices are pretty good though....

Edited by IffenWhen