Anyone have the contact info for surefire gun mags

I have had my surefire mags for about a year and they have yet to cycle without causing some issue or another. The follower sits at too steep of an angle and causes any 2/34 inch shell i load to catch on the ramp and the spring seems to bind up when loading and firing causing other issues. I misplaced my cards that ship with them and they don't have any contact info on their site which i find annoying. Almost like their hiding.

I have a broken mag also and have been going back and forth with them for three days . First they wanted to know where I got it ( CDNN on sale 38.00 ) . Second what caliber , the how many rounds it held . Told me they where not aware that CDNN sold there mags . Last email I sent a picture of the mag and the receipt . Hoping that there are a good company and I get my mag replaced .

thanks for posting that info. I hope things get resolved for all in question. I am looking to do a quick release mag well and that means committing to either agp or surefire for the jt mag-well conversion and at the moment i'm not too confident the surefires are the best bet at the moment especially if i'm going to be competing in trigun competitions.

I have a broken mag also and have been going back and forth with them for three days . First they wanted to know where I got it ( CDNN on sale 38.00 ) . Second what caliber , the how many rounds it held . Told me they where not aware that CDNN sold there mags . Last email I sent a picture of the mag and the receipt . Hoping that there are a good company and I get my mag replaced .

Wow. That does suck. when I emailed them about my saiga 12 12rounder broke due to cold weather all they wanted was a pic and the next week i got 2 new bodies in the mail. Hope it works out for ya

Finally got a reply from Surefire.They told me to send it them and they would replace it. Man after several days of emailing it looks like it is gonna work out .I'm gonna wait for the double stack steel mags before I buy any more .

Edited by WFO2

Same here. I got a response basically telling me they can't help because they don't have problems with their magazines and to contact Carolina shooters supply where i purchased them from. Supposedly they test mags for them. How is he the sales person going to fix or help me fix a problem that is in manufacturing. The dam follower sits at too steep of an angel. In a nutshell I'll avoid using surefire again in the future and make it a point to let others know about their lack of support. For now I'm on my own I will try taking the follower out of the factory mag and seeing if that helps, and mess with different spring rates. I love doing someone eases r&d.

Broke front tab off 12 rounder the day I bought it and my gun. I sent my first email to them 3 weeks ago... followed by a second then a third. Finally they contacted me asked for a picture or to ship them the defective mag. I sent them a picture and my home address. There reply seemed to patronize me as if I was frauding them or was an inexperienced shooter. They told me they have never seen there mag break like that and then sent me a page long description on how to properly break down an S12 and how to use the magazine. They said that my new body was sent out last Friday. Last time I checked it doesn't take a week to ship a mag from Tennessee to Ga.

Im getting a little more upset every day. I was about to send them 5 more pictures of my mag and the video of the fully loaded mag dropping out the bottom of my gun on the second round ever through it. I was also going to provide them links to all the threads about there mags breaking.

Im emailing them today and asking where my mag is. If I don't get a reply in a reasonable amount of time or my mag Im driving up to there shop.

I wouldnt be as upset if i paid 40 dollars for my mag but I instead paid $80.

I got the same email from them and finally gonna send it back . CDNN just got back to me today . I will tell you this I'm a hobbyist just like you guys and enjoy running my toys . I will tell you this both of these companies have dropped a notch in my book and not saying I will never buy from them again. However I will look around to make sure that nobody else has it first . WONDER HOW MANY here and on other forums have had the same wonderful experience ?

Edited by WFO2

I have also been having problems. I posted a thread about it with pics.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=51003&st=0

The front feed ramp/lug/tab on the mag is catching either the bullet tip, or the case mouth, and it's chipping away that part of the mag.

Also, The hammer will sometimes follow the bolt so that, when the gun cycles to eject a spent case and feed a new round, the hammer will not be cocked.

I wrote Surefire and told them about these problems. I also informed them that I have two factory mags that have probably over 300 rounds (probably closer to 500) between the two of them (both before and after conversion), and just fired another 60ish through this week. The basically told me that the problem was with the work I did on the gun when I did the PG conversion. They said that,..."We think that the spring could be locking up the disconnect or the bolt carrier is set to high and could be jumping over the disconnect..."

I don't know if they are talking about the disconnector spring, or some other spring. I also don't know what they mean by, "...the bolt carrier ... jumping over the disconnect...". I do know that they told me that, "they will replace the mags (just this once because this isn't the fault of the mags) so I can return them to my dealer." (paraphrase). If they are willing to exchange the mags so I can return them for cash/credit, then that's fine with me. I know my gun runs fine with factory mags, so I can just stock up on those, or maybe try one of those metal ones being made on the forum.

I sent the old mags back yesterday. If they are willing to replace them, then I can't really fault them, and appreciate it.

Hope It works out for you . I'm still trying to get mine replaced . The vender CDNN told me they would send me a shipping label for a free return . I still don't have it . Surefire has really lost my business forever .Anybody heard If other mags are any good ? Promag? If not I will wait for the guys here making all metal mags and try those out .

AOL? Wow, that's disconcerting. Don't get me wrong, I love my Surefire mags and they work great... but it's 2010 people. Who the hell uses an AOL email address and expects to be taken seriously?

HAH! Exactly! I can't believe AOL is still around?? That's what my Grandma uses,... no really, she does.

I have yet to have any issues with any of my Surefire mags or AGP mags, (knock on wood)

• 2 weeks later...

Equal time here.

I Sent the mags in on the fifth, and just got them back today.

While it's disappointing that I couldn't use them, I am happy with the factory mags, and do appreciate that they were willing to exchange them.

I will also post this in the other thread.

I hope the remaining issues some forum members have with their Surefire mags will be addressed. Neither Surefire nor AGP mags are really ideal, and neither works as well as the factory mags do. My Surefire mags have all worked great with no problems, while the AGP's I had would have frequent FTF issues. *shrug*

I eagerly await Mike's upcoming double-stack mags :killer:

Edited by post-apocalyptic

I got my mag to CDNN and they are shipping me one . Agreed on the double stacks I will wait for them to before I drop more cash .Not saying a bad product or bashing Surefire was just difficult to get my mag replaced is all .

I emailed them for the sixth time last week after waiting for over a week for my replacement body. I told them I assumed my body hasn't even been sent yet as it has been over a week and I only live a state under. I was right they claimed they lost my warranty order or something but sent me a brand new complete magazine that day. Received it the very next day and it works awesome.

BOTTOM LINE

One broken magazine

6 emails

3 months of only my

5 rounder

=Pain in the ASS

• 3 weeks later...

My surefire broke for the 2nd time as they sent me a shitty 1st gen mag-body after I specifically asked for a 2nd gen. They had better get back to me ASAP, two broken mags from regular use says to me this is one ghetto-ass company. Them not having their email on their website is just bullshit and VERY sketchy.

• 2 months later...

Well apparently that is the correct address because i got two new mags in the mail today. Marked SGM tactical so they are the newest models. Hopefully they feed all the rounds and not just the first 10 this time.

Steel mags please .....

• 2 months later...

After getting a hold of their contact info i was given the run around go here, no ask him, well go over here, call RAA wtf was that crap about the gun works fine with the factory mags and my 3 AGP mags I have, and they are a hell of alot easier to get a hold of then SGM tactical. I do like the capacity and hope that they work well for everyone else but i think I'll stick with agp they load easier and they function as reliably as my factory Five rounders. Hopefully I can find someone in my area that has the gen 2 SGM tactical mags so i can test a few out just because i want to know if it was just a faulty mag.

• 8 months later...

AOL? Wow, that's disconcerting. Don't get me wrong, I love my Surefire mags and they work great... but it's 2010 people. Who the hell uses an AOL email address and expects to be taken seriously?

HAH! Exactly! I can't believe AOL is still around?? That's what my Grandma uses,... no really, she does.

I have yet to have any issues with any of my Surefire mags or AGP mags, (knock on wood)

Same here. I haven't seen an AOL address in so long that I thought they were defunct. I should get one as a joke....

olddinosaurassaddress@aol.com