Never tell me I cant do something

Well after working on everybody else's guns, I got a hair up my ass. I pulled my 12 out of the dust and reconverted my conversion.

When I did it I made my own trigger guard from a AK flat I screwed up. I bought a Shark brake when I did it also. The Tromix handguard was a gimme from Nailbomb.

I didn't really like it, it didn't cover the gas block, looked short to me. so I made an extension cover for the front out of Alum.

What started the whole thing was an idea. A VZ58 sporter stock modded to fit! I was going to make a internal block to mount the stock to, but that changed. I made the block from from hard plastic and attached it to the VZ stock so it would fit the Saiga.

The paint? Well after 3 custom jobs since DEC. I used, mixed everything I had. LOL Bummer was the finish. All I had left was Gloss Clear, so I added just a drop or two of hardner to keep the shine down. It's more of a semi/ matte, I'll live with it. Keeping with the VZ parts I'm using a VZ58 Black sling on it.

501126098_1762235123_0.jpgIMG_2862.jpg

501125598_1762233183_0.jpg501125397_1762232390_0.jpg

IMG_2890.jpgIMG_2895.jpg

• Like 2

About the sheen... If it bothers you, you can take the scotch bright side of a cheap sponge (dry), and GENTLY rub the finish in one direction lengthwise. It'll knock down any unwanted sheen in a hurry without taking off the paint or damaging the pattern. Once again... if you try this ... easy does it!

Dude, it looks better in these pics than the ones your sent me, I'll have to see it in person.

Still its a great gun, and you've got some tromix parts on there you can't find anymore(old shark break, tromix HG) that coupled with the custom VZ stock should make it a win in anyones book.

• 1 year later...

Akastormi, thank you for posting this. I saw your gun in the post a pic thread and thought it looked damn nice. So I stole your idea and bought one of those stocks. Hope you don't mind :) Then I was playing with some ideas on how get it to butt up to the back of the receiver. I did a search and found this post and it helps a lot. A quick questions for you guys from NY. Do you have your muzzle brakes perma attached or doesn't NY law require it for shotguns? Thanks in advance!

Akastormi, thank you for posting this. I saw your gun in the post a pic thread and thought it looked damn nice. So I stole your idea and bought one of those stocks. Hope you don't mind :) Then I was playing with some ideas on how get it to butt up to the back of the receiver. I did a search and found this post and it helps a lot. A quick questions for you guys from NY. Do you have your muzzle brakes perma attached or doesn't NY law require it for shotguns? Thanks in advance!

From the NRA/ILA:

Consolidated Firearms Laws for New York

“Assault weapon” is defined as:

A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable

magazine and has at least two of the following characteristics:

• a folding or telescoping stock;

• a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action

of the weapon;

• a bayonet mount;

• a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate

a flash suppressor;

• a grenade launcher.

• A semiautomatic shotgun that has at least two of the following

characteristics:

• a folding or telescoping stock;

• a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action

of the weapon;

• a fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds;

• an ability to accept a detachable magazine.

• A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable

magazine and has at least two of the following characteristics:

• an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside

of the pistol grip;

• a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender,

flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;

• shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles,

the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm

with the nontrigger hand without being burned;

• manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the

pistol is unloaded.

• A semiautomatic version of an automatic rifle, shotgun or

firearm.

It doesn't say anything about a flash suppressor on a shotgun.

Edited by Yeoldetool

Rediscovered a year later :lolol:

Still a great gun. Its funny that his will shoot garbage that mine won't even digest, and he has the gas vent blocked.

I'm not claiming to understand anything as to why. But his gun is one you could easily lean on in a life or death situation. Maybe they just built those old $300 saigas better...

Rediscovered a year later :lolol:

Still a great gun. Its funny that his will shoot garbage that mine won't even digest, and he has the gas vent blocked.

I'm not claiming to understand anything as to why. But his gun is one you could easily lean on in a life or death situation. Maybe they just built those old $300 saigas better...

Nailbomb, your Saiga is sweet looking also. I just couldn't find a sock like yours :) Both of them look a lot better than the ATI imo.