Saiga Stock to AK47 Build Mod.

Hello from the newbie! I recently bought a used Saiga skeleton stock and want to use it on an AK47 build. You already guessed my problem! I have to move the FCG and trigger guard to the rear. Can someone tell me how to do this? Can I just purchase a Saiga FCG and move trigger to the rear of the receiver? I can't seem to find any pictures of the Saiga FCG to see how to manage all this modifications. Could also do it like the attached picture! LoL

S6002000.jpg

Im confused as to why you would want to go to the trouble as well?

Well, when your retired and bored out your gourd you like to do stupid things! Not really, it's just that I own the Saiga stock and handguard and would like to put them on something. Guess I could sell them, at a loss, and who the heck would need them for their Saiga? "You know what I mean Vern?"

This would look cool on my AK!

saiga_skeleton_stock.jpg

You could allways buy a Saiga and just pop it on there. But if it's a prodject you are interested in you can have my old FCG and just make some new pins for it. You would have to drill 4 holes in your receiver for the new axis pins and I am guessing it would need to be prety accuratly drilled. If you want my old FCG I will look for them tonight. PM me and we can set it up.

• Like 1

Somewhere there is a man with an unconverted Saiga that thinks it would look just spiffy with that thumbhole stock on it. You should find that person and convince them to give you money in exchange.

Converting it to use a Saiga FCG will make your trigger grittier and probably a bit heavier, worsen the ergonomics and balance of the weapon, and require cutting/drilling new holes in the receiver. I mean if you really want to I'm sure somebody around here could offer up their old FCG...

What did you plan to use for covering up the old pistol grip and trigger holes?

Fellow board member is trying to find his old conversion parts and offered them to me. Does anyone happen to have a Saiga trigger guard and mag release the want to get rid of? For me it's just another fun project to make something differant. I have all the tools to bend, spot weld, press and anything else that needs to be done. I even have blueing hot tanks. I'm retired and just like to play around doing "stupid" stuff. On covering up of old trigger drop out hole, I'll bend and make a tunnel to cover it up. Anyone have any dirrerant suggestions that would make it look better? Thanks

Edited by Russian 54r

Don't bother with the Saiga magazine catch. It is riveted on and requires special mags unless modified. Just use a standard AK catch.

If you can bend sheet metal you can easily make your own trigger guard of equal quality to the factory one.

Have you considered fabricating an enclosure for the current "sear" :lolol: with a more solid linkage and trigger? You would avoid weakening your receiver and could make the trigger guard an extension of it.

Just trying to "keep it simple." I really don't have any idea at how I want to do things until I try I fit everything together. May be a project that just should have never been started but I'm in for the finish. As silly as this propject seems I may even put a personal fan attachment on a rail system with even an umbrella to keep the sun off the scope lens! Where's my old MAD magazines at!! Spy vs. Spy type stuff. Well maybe I'm really getting tooooooo silly! LoL

Well I just couldn't resist the urge! Bought a new Saiga, in the box, for $350 just to be able to use this darn sniper style stock and hand gurad. When I get it out of the packed up Tahoe, it's raining like crazy, I take a couple of picks with the new/used stock. It is really short though. Do they make an extension butt pad for them? Thanks

This is the stock set I bought from a fellow board member and already put it on my new Saiga I bought yesterday. I think it looks really cool but am going to do something with the front sight block. I've a Bulgarian AK74 FSB with zig-zag am going to try and use that. I think they are both the same size barrel for that application. My conversion reversal in now "dead." Anyone have a fix for the butt pad extension? Thanks

S6002102.jpg

S6002103.jpg

Edited by Russian 54r