Im prepared to get attacked on this one.

Maybe this is in the wrong section and if so then the moderators or powers that be can put me in my place but i feel its for the good of our Saiga converting population to sticky a thread on proper direction of hk sights. I see a lot of people with them on what i would call backwards and it continues to be a prob. Would a pro please elaborate or post pics so we can help those out in the future??

Edited by caliberclark
  • Like 2

sorry! thanks pauly but im just trying to contribute. I see things i have ques on and i ask them because i have cross referenced something and usually have got confused(noob). but it seems like every time i ask a ques someone has something i get flamed for it so just preparing myself. but yeah not trying to make this a montel williams thread just trying to figure out this HK sight dilemma.

sorry! thanks pauly but im just trying to contribute. I see things i have ques on and i ask them because i have cross referenced something and usually have got confused(noob). but it seems like every time i ask a ques someone has something i get flamed for it so just preparing myself. but yeah not trying to make this a montel williams thread just trying to figure out this HK sight dilemma.

Getting flamed for asking a reasonable question is an unreasonable, and unacceptable response. This forum like most others has its share of "flamers" lol.

Learn to ignore them to get at the truth.

• Like 1

Not that I care one bit about HK sights but to make sure you aren't disappointed by your lack of attacks, accept the following:

"OMFG you're a noob retard, how can you even ask such a dumb question? The sights are uni-directional, if you install them backwards you're a complete moron!"

Hope that helped! :)

Getting flamed for asking a reasonable question is an unreasonable, and unacceptable response. This forum like most others has its share of "flamers" lol.

Learn to ignore them to get at the truth.

+1

I only have one weapon with HK sights and I'm willing to give Tromix the benefit of the doubt that they were mounted the way they are for a reason. I'm guessing that if they work equally well either way then it is just a matter of what seemed to look the best.

Don't worry about the "little people" who get off picking fights from behind the security of the internet. You can always use "ignore"

It's a good question.

I haven't seen them installed backwards. Makes me wonder how well they'd work that way.....

Who is putting them on backward? Of course it's purely cosmetic on the front sight, so go crazy with it.

I think I'm to blame for this one. I put the front sight on backwards for purely cosmetic reasons.

The reason I did this was

1) to maintain the existing straight line going up the gas block into the front sight.

2) Most guns I see have the angle facing the rear of the gun. Look at a AR-15 sight, or a standard AK front sight... Flat on the front, angle to the rear. I wanted to follow that design and look a little more.

*I still have the rear sight on in the proper orientation*

The drum should lean foward.

The traditional method of installing the front sight would be to have the angle facing the front, as BobAsh has shown with his beautiful shotgun.

IMG_2822.JPG

IMG_2827.JPG

IMG_2825.JPG

IMG_2833.JPG

Who is putting them on backward? Of course it's purely cosmetic on the front sight, so go crazy with it.

I think I'm to blame for this one. I put the front sight on backwards for purely cosmetic reasons.

1) to maintain the existing straight line going up the gas block into the front sight.

2) Most guns I see have the angle facing the rear of the gun. Look at a AR-15 sight, or a standard AK front sight... Flat on the front, angle to the rear. I wanted to follow that design and look a little more.

The traditional method of installing the front sight would be to have the angle facing the front, as BobAsh has shown with his beautiful shotgun.

Nailbomb,

Lovin that nice stock you have here. Still trying to find one like it...

nyclu3

I don't see why it makes any damned difference what direction someone wants to install a part like that as long as it still works and is what THEY WANT! :killer: think outside the box!

CORROSION OF CONFORMITY!!!

There...how's that you moron!! :lolol:

"I don't see why it makes any damned difference what direction someone wants to install a part like that as long as it still works and is what THEY WANT! 022.gif think outside the box!"

I post this only for safety-If you install the sights in the wrong dirrection, you have a high probability of getting shot in the face........once again, just sayinunsure.gif

Edited by 6500rpm

Looks great!

So I guess the answer is, it doesn't matter.

sweet paint job :super: