I did this on Barry. The gas tube used is the original with the tack welds and plate removed. Used a dremil, Started with a stone, and went to sanding disks for fine work.

Your rifle's name is Barry?? LOL Named after Halle Berry right?? :haha:

I did this on Barry. The gas tube used is the original with the tack welds and plate removed. Used a dremil, Started with a stone, and went to sanding disks for fine work.

Your rifle's name is Barry?? LOL Named after Halle Berry right?? :haha:

Nope, named it after the current president.

If you think about it it works! The gun was made in a comunist country and our president... well... some of his ideas are... sortof... you know...

Hammer_sickle_clean.png

I think I might drill a couple holes in my gas tube to help it vent. I don't really care for all the crud going into my receiver. Do you guys think a couple 1/8" holes on the side would work fine?

I was thinking of doing the same to mine. Will it affect function? Has anyone done this. Im thinking that it probably wont, but would like to doublecheck with users who have done this mod.

I think I might drill a couple holes in my gas tube to help it vent. I don't really care for all the crud going into my receiver. Do you guys think a couple 1/8" holes on the side would work fine?

I was thinking of doing the same to mine. Will it affect function? Has anyone done this. Im thinking that it probably wont, but would like to doublecheck with users who have done this mod.

It shouldn't affect function.

It shouldn't affect function.

I've seen it done somewhere on here before. You gotta look way back, I think.

It won't affect function.

Not to get off topic, but how do you like the surefire forend on that rifle Nailbomb? I was thinking about putting one on the 7.62 conversion I just did. I like the factory forend, but something just doesn't feel quite right about it.. seems like the swell in it is a little too low.

Edited by danklab

Not to get off topic, but how do you like the surefire forend on that rifle Nailbomb? I was thinking about putting one on the 7.62 conversion I just did. I like the factory forend, but something just doesn't feel quite right about it.. seems like the swell in it is a little too low.

I've had it on my first S-12, and on my x39 saiga... Its finctional, but i was never a huge fan either.

I went to a chaos tri-rail on my S-12, and I'm hoping to get some custom wood for my x39. Both of those guns will be getting some updates this year.

I did mine as part of the conversion process, since I think that fluted tube looks better than that tacky folded metal plate. I just ground away with the Dremel and cleaned it up with light passes of the sandpaper drum. I painted it with Dupli-Color engine enamel and it looks just as good, if not better, than the factory spray paint. :D

Now, if getting this canted front sight fixed was this easy... :cryss: