Touchup Coating?

Has anyone just stippled on some coating like Norrell's (semi-dry brush) and had it work OK? Got some areas to go over on a new conversion (underside of the receiver, etc.) that I don't feel like stripping the whole damn gun again or breaking out the spray gun for such a small job. Will still bake the touchup on, but can I cheat on the airbrush? Don't really care if it looks perfect, but if it will look like crap, I'll airbrush. Can I assume a re-bake will not hurt the factory finish?

If it were me, I'd just re-spray the whole thing. Its not like it could be any worse than the factory finish, ya know?

Problem is, when I start doing that I go whole hog. Media blast, wash/dry, rub down with MEK, pre-heat, spray on K-Phos, pre-heat again, spray on Norrell's, bake. Big pain in the ass with no real spray setup (pancake compressor) and messy. Factory finish on this one look pretty good and I'm lazy on this one. It's only a 410 which will get beat up by my son. Once he knows better and after he messes up the factory job, then I'll do a good re-finish. (yes I'm cheating in the S-12 forum with a 410!)