Hey Everyone,

I have a dimpled Saiga in 7.62x39mm that I will be converting. I have mail ordered all my parts and am expecting my last piece of gear in the mail around Tuesday. I have a Tapco G2 modified by Dinzag Arms on the way, along with one of his trigger guards and some of his hole plugs. I have a Warsaw length classic AK style stock from Tapco on the way as well.

I already have received an awesome Midwest Industries quad rail/forearm for my Saiga and it looks great. Lastly, I have a Hogue AK grip sitting around. Everything has yet to be installed. I won't be installing a bullet guide, but rather I'll be using SureFire 30 round magazines. I'm still considering an optic.

Anyhow, I was going to buy the Tapco nut for my grip, but found out through research that it just won't work without fitting. Am I stuck with ordering a traditional AK grip nut through K-Var? Is there something reliable that I can pick up from the hardware store?

Thanks!

Edited by ICarryIWB

I just converted my .223 this weekend. When I ordered my PG I didn't realize the nut did not come with it so I was stuck.. I picked up a 2 inch bolt, washer, and nut and it works fine. Just make sure the washer is big enough so it overlaps the edges of the hole good.