Damn! Those things look mean. Those crazy Latvians, with their expanding steel slugs! :devil:

I only have experience shooting with 1 oz. rifled lead slugs (not for hunting, just for function and target practice) in my Win 1300 defender. I was punching 1 inch holes in a steel patterning board @ 25 yds (until the property manager told me to stop).

Slugs just seem to carry massive amounts of kinetic energy into a target. Anybody know if these steel type are any more effective than other materials?

Looks like they'd ruin your day for sure if you got hit by one.

Edited by Kevin in Texas

I wonder...

If we used somthing like that for personal defense, would there be a problem with some liberal DA saying you had every intent to KILL an intruder by using ammo like that.

That's one wild slug. I'd love to see what it does to a pumpkin or watermelon!

Well, we're coming up on watermellon season. I might just have to find out. A2G has these for sale.

Edited by Bounce12

Sick in a good way. Hey Yak, I just emptied two 10 round mags and a 5 rounder loaded with KO's at the range. Turned a bunch of heads, it looked like a bomb went off in the sand pile behind the target. $25 in under a minute, I might as well smoke crack! LoL.

I wonder...

If we used somthing like that for personal defense, would there be a problem with some liberal DA saying you had every intent to KILL an intruder by using ammo like that.

Damned straight they would!

Their going to question any Buckshot or slug for HD too, they will question every aspect of it.

All sorts of ass'inine insinuations and accusations pertaining to your your intent.

Highly inadvisable to use any exotic ammo for SD/HD, same with hand reloads. Use a high quality & commonly available commercial munition.

Those rounds look insanely devastating, I'd love to see 'The Box o Truth' or someone else test them in gelatin.

• Like 1

http://forum.saiga-1...showtopic=46730

If Boba is right about the wt. (495 grains) it seems like it would be a pretty decent stopper, but, with less penetration, and really, if you are talking about home defense, uh, dont you think a 490 grain, much cheaper, chunk of lead is going to stop them just as well? Has anyone ever been shot with a 12ga slug at indoor distances and survived? Seems to me that one of the great advantages of 12ga slugs is penetration at close distance. Car doors, wood, box o truth's lexan bullet resistant plate.... Why sacrifice some of that for.... wings? Seems a harder, but solid slug would be more usefull that something that is designed to lose mass as it travels, some lead slugs end up fragmenting as it is, and lose penetration.

Now, melon shooting, on the other hand... Kick ass. I want videos (preferably in slowmo)

Edited by ReverendFranz
  • Like 1

The way most melons explode when hit with a 12g slug as is... One is going to need several dozen comparison shots filmed at very high speed to get the slow-mo needed to ascertain any noticeable difference.

Sounds like a fun way to waste a day and :dollar: :dollar: :dollar:

They seem to try to advertize it as if it were for hunting, but it just may expand too much. It seems perfect for stopping power in human intruder type targets, where most of the energy is put into the target body and pushes it backward, but for Deer you would want a 12ga slug to go through the entire animal. They mistakenly advertize " a large entry wound for a good blood trail", when we all know that it is a good "exit wound" that provides a good blood trail. Just an inaccurate ad claim on a simple basic fact. Makes them sound like a gimmick to me. I don't think I ever trust products with overzealouse claims. Just good old 00 buck and 1oz slugs for me. Cheap, simple, proven, reliable. edit.. anything shot at watermelons and pumpkins is worth shooting!!!

Edited by RobRez
  • 6 months later...

Its like a huge steel 36mm claw. They shoot a bear with it in a video on that site.

cool related videos

cool water melon video shot with hexolit 32

http://failo.bg/Watermelon%20vaporized%20by%2012%20gauge%20Hexolit%2032%20slug/video/1GKVaIzj7ts

animals shot with hexolit 32

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzPmbBIOhH8

ballistic gel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIuPs70CO3U&feature=related

I wonder...

It LOOKS scary, so my money's on they would.

People are used to seeing shotguns with good-ol' .00 buck, so it'd be an easier argument I'd assume.

Plus, my $$$ is on the buckshot being more effective.