Mouting a Scope

HI all. Had a scope mounted on my Saiga .223 using the mount that came with my rifle. Been to the range today but having trouble sighting it in. I have the scope adjustment to full up yet it would still shoot 3 inches low at 50 yards..

How do people mount their scope? I am doing something wrong? Its frustrating as open sight isnt that good with my eye sight not to mention the grouping is pretty average.

Any help would be appreciated.

using the stock Saiga mount that came with my rifle. and yes I have tighten the rings up. was wondering if its because the scope sits so high from the barrel, could that be the problem? But then i see a few people with a scope mount and producing good results so that cant be it!

I didn't know Saiga 223's came with a scope mount..rolleyes.gif

I used a UTG978 Quick Detach on my 2 Saiga's. <<< see left pic.

Both were on target within 2 shots at 50 yards then I adjusted to center within a mag (aka 10 rounds).

What type of scope?? Got any pics of the mount.. Like I said the factory doesn't have any.

Maybe your scope mount is on the 'dust cover'??? That would not be factory...

Pics would help us.

Your Saiga comes with an "integral" AKM mount located on the left side of the receiver. There are "Eastern Bloc" scopes available that utilize that accessory. POSP Scope I have a POSP 4X24 scope that is zeroed for my rifle. I remove it after every range session and when I replace it at the next, it is still spot on! If you don't wish to purchase a military scope like the POSP, there are AKM mounts available with Weaver rails AKM Weaver mount that will allow you to mount the scope of your choice.

Surely the original mount would work for a normal scope... Just dont know what i am doing wrong for it not to get it anywhere near where the POI is. I have got a POSP mount coming. just wish i didnt have to spend money on the mount, one would think the original mount would work.

post-22596-12682049280483_thumb.jpg